Chapter 10: Entering Shrek (1)

Five years later.

The Balak Kingdom is located in the south of the Heaven Dou Empire, bordering Fasinuo Province. Speaking of this kingdom, its actual area was only four-thirds of Fasinuo Province, subordinate to the Heaven Dou Empire. Within the borders of Heaven Dou Empire, it was one of four great kingdoms. Balak’s king Kundela was the current Heaven Dou Empire’s king Aokula’s younger cousin.

The Southern Balak Kingdom bordered directly on Star Luo Empire, consequently, among Heaven Dou Empire’s four kingdoms, Balak Kingdom’s military strength was the most powerful, and it could also be said to be the gateway to Heaven Dou Empire.

Heaven Dou Empire originally had ten provinces that were later divided among the four great kingdoms forming six powers: the Empire itself directly controlled five provinces, the four great kingdoms each controlled one, and there was still one duchy second only to kingdoms, occupying the smallest province on the Empire’s eastern side.

On the surface, the four great kingdoms and one duchy must all be subject to Heaven Dou Empire’s rule, but in fact, these five states long ago already became nations within a nation, besides the necessary tribute, they were all entirely independent. If not for Heaven Dou Imperial Family controlling a large number of troops, perhaps a civil war would long ago already have appeared.

Star Luo Empire also had similar circumstances, consequently, while the two empires looked to be strong forces both were in decline. If someone spoke badly, that day the entire Continent’s situation would abruptly transform.

Within Balak Kingdom were the two most important cities, one was Balak king Kundela’s resident capital Balake City, here was the heart of the entire Balake Kingdom’s politics and industry. And the other city was located at the richest granary within the borders of the Balak Kingdom called Suotuo City.

These two cities both had massive garrisons and were the entire Kingdom’s highest priority.

Suotuo City was a large city, this bit could be seen from Spirit Hall’s allocation as the third-ranked Lord Spirit Hall.

Currently, just past noon, the blazing sun shining fiercely, at Suotuo City’s west gate entered two youths. By the look of it, the girl seemed to be about 12 and the boy seemed to be 10 or 9.

The boy's clothes were simple green attire, like the oriental style. Around his waist was a thin white belt with emerald edges. He was about one meter and sixty tall, and black hair that doesn't reach his ear. His baby fat wasn't all gone but that only made him look cuter and more handsome.

Near him was a girl wearing a green rope that covered her slender legs. The white silk ribbon wrapped around her delicate waist that a bit more developed than others. Her fine black hair is straight and smooth, with a light green flower hairpin.

She is very beautiful. In particular, her deep Fuschia eyes seemed to contain a certain mysterious aura, causing them to appear both unpredictable and distant.

The boy stretched his body with a soft smile and sighed.

A white bird was annoyed by the sudden movement, it flew to sit on the boy's hair instead of the shoulder.

"Jiejie, should we find a place to rest? I really want to watch the show."

The girl smiled slightly knowing what her brother was talking about.

"Let's go, then. We haven't met the sworn siblings for a while."

This girl and boy were Shen Baiyu and Shen Qing Qiu who were now starting their journey.

Five years have already passed, and they are considered geniuses by the poison douluo and their family. With their talent, Dugu Bo wanted them to come to the academy with Dugu Yan was excited about it. Though their existence was hidden, many started to notice that Dugu Bo's good mood made them suspicious and alert.