Chapter 15: Third Soul Ring

Baiyu hummed as she leisurely walked and listened to Zhao Wuji, knowing by now that her brother and classmates must have gone to Suotou City. She stopped her advancement when her teacher stopped as well. She peered over.

“This must be Star Dou Forest,”

Zhao Wuji answered solemnly, “Stand behind me when we go in. Don’t even try to stray away,”

Baiyu hummed away. Her thought went to the Sunset forest she had stayed for almost the whole year before being dragged out to the capital city. It was almost comical how her master and father would have reacted if it weren’t for their tendency to rip each other throats. And just the thought of her mother glaring murderously at her father is scary; not even Dugu Bo is spared from his beloved granddaughter.

Baiyu snapped out of her thought when Zhao Wuji pointed to some of the soul beasts while they were hiding behind the bushes. The man did receive well education as he almost excitedly elaborate on their strength.

It was all good in her opinion, but it wasn't what she wanted or needed in the first place. Her research regarding her martial soul with the remaining ancient books from her family and Dugu's family has led her to many unpleasant surprises, and one of them is regarding what kind of soul beast she should hunt. It was lucky enough that her first soul ring wasn't useless, or else the rest would follow.

Even if she liked her mysterious martial soul, the hassle of no one knowing what kind was still very bothersome. All in all, Baiyu shook her head in disappointment, and Zhao Wuji also understood quite a bit.

"What kind of soul beast are you looking for in the first place?" Zhao Wuji asked as he led her to sit down on a boulder

Baiyu hummed thoughtfully, reconsidering her next words. "Something... Something poisonous, strong, nightmarish."

Her first soul ring was pretty much average and ordinary from a common Sapphire Snake Vine. Her second one is a bit special as it was hunted by Ever Changing Bird, a rare bird that could heal and enhance itself as long as it reached 100 years into its lifespan. Moreover, normally, when you get a soul ring, you would only obtain one kind of trait from that soul beast you had hunted. However, Baiyu's martial soul seemed to be able to adsorb all essence and keep them. It was no wonder why her classmates were shocked at her ability to heal, enhance, and attack.

Zhao Wuji had to suppress a shiver as Baiyu went on and recount every single trait she wanted her third soul ring to have, and that terrified him. He can't keep looking any longer and just look around instead.

Baiyu ignored the obvious distaste Zhao Wuji had for her as she looked up and down the ground. The soul beasts here weren't powerful, and the rarity was few in numbers.

"Poison... There! Zhao Loashi, do you know what type of bird is that?" Baiyu asked while keeping an eye out for the sleeping bird

Zhao Wuji turned to look in the same direction and let out a small gasp in shock. "Don't tell me you don't know what that bird is. It's the Ever Changing Bird, what about it? Want to hunt it?"

Baiyu side-eyed Zhao Wuji, "Why wouldn't I don't want it? This bird is mutated with poison properties. If I don't get it, then I won't let anyone take it."

Baiyu wet her lips with a gleam in her eyes, eyeing the mutated Ever Changing Bird readily. Zhao Wuji now was genuinely scared for the soul beast when she pulled out a dual dagger that gleamed just like its master's eyes out of nowhere.

"Zhao Loashi, please follow my instructions. I have hunted this kind of bird before, and its specialty relies heavily on the ability to fly high and enhance itself. You need to use your third soul ring as fast as possible and let me handle the rest."