One; "I will not be the fault of her death"

----
"Run! Get to the barn!" Gandalf, a grey haired wizard, yelled as they continue to run through the field.

The grey headed wizard led the 13 dwarves and one halfling towards the farm and hut. Orcs were close behind them. There was only one place near and that was the farm and hut. It was in the middle of the field open to anything. However, once they were close enough it felt like a wave washed over them. Not a welcoming wave at all. One that tried to push them out, but couldn't as they kept running towards the farm.

They ran through the big farm doors and slammed them shut behind them. They tried to catch their breath from the running. Some of them collapsed onto the hay and some stood guard. Gandalf looked around at the horses in the stable. One particular horse caught his attention. The horse was completely black, not one white spot on it. He walked towards the beautiful thing and placed his hand on its neck.

"Nice to see you again Bowe," he whispered.

"We will rest here, we will leave in the morning when we know the orcs are cleared out," Thorin, the dwarf king, commanded.

The dwarves begin to get ready for sleep. Bilbo, the halfling, looked around the place then at Gandalf. The wizard looked more worried then usually. Without another word from anybody in the barn they all fell to sleep.
----
The sun began to rise causing everyone to wake up. Gandalf was the first up as he woke up to the noise of wood being chopped. However, there was many things going on. Wood being chopped, fire place going, food being cooked, and water getting ready for clothes. The dwarves made their way to the window, but saw nothing.

"What are you looking at?" Bilbo asked as he picked the hay off his shirt.

"Nobody is out there!" Bofur yelled. That is when a red headed girl walked out. The dwarves all snickered and grinned at the girl.

"That's an woman," Dori chuckled. The red haired girl picked up the wood and threw it on the porch of her house. The girl picked up her axe and threw it towards the tree and it stuck into it.

"So who's going to talk to the lassie?" Gloin asked.

Everyone got quiet as the watched the girl work through the window. They knew sooner or later she would come feed the horses. So they needed to go talk to her now before freakin her out later.

"I say we should leg it, slip out the back," Nori worriedly said.

"I run from no one, especially no women," Dwalin growled.

"There no use in arguing! We won't be able to pass any further without her help!" Gandalf stated. "We will be hunted down, before we ever get to the forest," he explained. "Bilbo, there you are, now this will require delicate handling," he paused. "Bilbo, come with me, and the rest of you don't come out until I give you a sign," he said.

"Is this a good idea?" Bilbo asked.

"It's the only choice."

Gandalf and Bilbo slipped out the barns doors with the rest watching. They watched as the girl threw more and more wood up on the porch. Once they were close enough for the girl to notice them she spun around and spotted the grey haired man.

"Well hello..." she softly spoke as she wiped the sweat off her forehead. "Gandalf wasn't it?" She asked placing her hands on her hips.

"Willow, nice to see you again," Gandalf cooed.

"Likewise," she said throwing the last piece of wood on the porch. "Why were you in my barn-" she trailed off as she spotted the halfling.

"Orcs chased us this way," he explained as she turned and grabbed her axe from the tree. "Willow, we need your help," Gandalf said as she walked closer holding the axe.

"I am done going on adventure Gandalf," she said as she put her axe up. "Now who the halfling?" She asked.

"Oh, this is Mr.Baggins," he introduced.

"Hi.." Blibo said awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you," she gave him a small smile before focusing on Gandalf. "I will get you a horse and you can be on your way," she said walking toward the barn.

"Wait-" before he could stop her she yanked the barn door open. She came face to face with 13 dwarves who stared at her. She tilted her head before looking at Gandalf who slowly looked away.

"At your service," some of the dwarves said with a bow.

"I- I will go make breakfast," she walked off without another word and Gandalf sighed.

The red headed girl walked into her small house and laid 15 plates on the table. The food she was cooking before was done so she laid it out before cooking more. She heard her door open and heard multiple foot steps.

"Help yourselves," she said turning towards them. She grabbed some water and begin to pour them drinks. The dwarves didn't hesitate to start eating. She got to Gandalf cup and poured some water in it. Before he could take a sip she took his cup from him and sat it down. "Explain," she ordered before walking off. Thorin tilted his head at Gandalf who cleared his throat. "Why would 13 dwarves, a wizard, and a halfling be on these side of middle earth?" She asked.

"We will need your help Willow," he begged and she turned to him.

"And what is this adventure about?" She asked.

"Excuse me," Thorin stood up and walked out of the house.

"You already know," Gandalf said. He knew what she was able to do. He knew that she was a powerful witch and that she was reading the minds of the dwarves. She knew they were going to reclaim Erebor.

"And how do you think I am going to help you all reclaim a mountain?" She asked and some of the dwarves choked on their food or drinks.

"How do you know that?!" Balin asked. "Nobody told you that!"

"Nobody needed to," she smirked as she poured the dwarves more water. "Beside Thorin didn't have nice words to think as he left," she affirmed making the dwarves more confused.

"I will talk to him," Gandalf stood and walked out to find Thorin.

When he found the dark haired dwarf he stood beside him on the porch and smoked his pipe. It was quiet until the dwarf uncrossed his arms and turned to the wizard. The floor creaked and Gandalf looked down.

"We do not need her help," Thorin harshly said. "The others would only think of her as a distraction," Gandalf raised a brow.

"Of course she would a be a distraction..." Gandalf explained making the dwarf confused. "Not in that matter," he added. "However, she will come with me, she will be my responsibility," he assured.

"I will not be the fault of her death," Thorin declared before walking into the house. Gandalf followed as they stepped in seeing the dwarves finish up their food. "If you are coming get ready, we leave in a hour," Thorin ordered and the girl nodded.

The red headed girl walked towards her room and closed the door. Her green orbs scanned over the room before landing on one of her bags. She picked it up and threw things she might need in it before walking towards her closet. She used to go on adventure on a weekly basis, but things changed.

She grabbed some black leather pants and slid them on then a red leather shirt that had a corset around the stomach. She slid on black boots and her red gloves. She never carried a sword or knife because she never needed it. Why did she never need one?

Because she was the scarlet witch.
----
Thanks for reading

Scarlet Witch of Middle EarthOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara