Drake 🏹

˙Ship: Jake x Drew

˙Title:    "Nervousness."

——————

It was a beautiful spring day, the 12th of April. The weather was amazing, birds were singing together, offering a concert to the passers-by that walked in the street, the one that lead to Alabama high. It was a sunny day, the bright blue sky brought a good mood to most students and teachers. Flashbacks of good memories flowed people's minds. Most people were particularly joyful that day, but there were exceptions. Drew, a common student, was one of the very few people that didn't have a smile plastered of his face. He was frowning, biting his nails, sitting at his assigned table, in Miss Jones' class. He was almost slumped onto his desk. He was feeling nervous about something, it was obvious to all his classmates. But, why was he looking so anxious today?

There he was, staring into the void, deep in thought, destroying the nails he used to take care of. He cut them every Saturdays properly with the tools required. He didn't move, he stood immobile, his eyes focused on the ground.

"...ew!", the boy swore he heard someone yell.

He didn't seem bothered by the shouting at all.

"Drew..!", a shy voice spoke up, not so softly.

-"Huh..!?", he jumped, his posture suddenly straightening.

-"Please, pay attention. This lesson is very important.", the teacher informed, frowning slightly at the boy's unusual mood.

The rich one nodded, taking a glimpse at the classroom. He caught his friend, Jake, staring at him. He was seated just next to him.

"What's wrong?", the boy spoke calmly.

-"Nothing..?", Drew replied, not convincing anyone with the sad expression printed on his face.

The peach put a hand on the other's shoulder, rubbing his thumb against the latter, in a comforting way. He smiled, getting a little worried for his friend. Was he really okay? He decided to forget about it for now, since he was still in class and didn't want to miss on the lesson.

.

.

.

The bell rang loudly, echoing in the hallways. Soon, thousands of footsteps started resonating in the school, dumb conversations beginning. It was lunch, everyone was exiting their classrooms to go grab something to eat. Jake and his friends, Drew, Liam and Henry, left the room they previously were in to head to the cafeteria. The boys couldn't help but notice Drew looked pretty down.

They all sat down, awkwardly at first. Fortunately, Henry decided to break the ice.

"So, heard of the new video game getting released on PS tonight?", he asked his homies.

-"Sure did! Drew got it yesterday before everyone else. Right, Drew?", Jake declared, making all heads at the table turn towards the rich boy.

-"Huh..? Uh.. Yeah.", the magenta-haired boy responded quickly, chewing on his food slowly, having something on his mind once again.

-"Drew, what's wrong, dude?", Liam questioned.

The boy didn't answer. Instead, he continued eating his food in a slow pace, overthinking. He looked away, avoiding his friends' eyes. Something was clearly wrong with him today, making his friends worry even more.

The three other boys exchanged looks, communicating that way, without any words.

Finally, Jake spoke up.

"Drew?", he shook the smaller next to him, not too harshly.

-"Hm?", he looked up, not putting his fork down.