Drake 🥀

˙Main ship: Jake x Drew

˙Droey angst

˙Title: "Unexplained break-up"

—————

Since Zoey broke up with me, I've been miserable, and I hate that feeling. I miss her. I miss shopping with her, buying her clothes, handbags, jewellery... I miss her expensive scents. Scents in plural, since I bought her many perfumes. I used to buy her makeup as well... I thought we were happy together... what happened? What happened to us?

I throw on the floor the cigarette I just had in my mouth. Ever since I've been left without Zoey, I started doing some shitty things to myself, such as smoking and drinking. I'm not addicted to drinking, though, which is good. I adjust my sitting position on the floor. It's the afternoon but my room is dark, the curtains protecting my sore eyes from the bright light from outside. I've been crying.

I look for a certain object in my hoodie's pocket, my lighter. I grab my cigarette pack and pick one. I put it between my teeth and light it up. I start smoking again, depressed and sad, tears at the edge of my eyes, about to roll and fall off my cheeks. Fall off, like I fell off when Zoey cut me off. Fall, like I fell for Zoey. I can still remember her words properly, harsh. "You bore me, Drew. I'm looking for spice.", was what she declared, walking away along with Lia and another wealthy man, a little older than me. Did she cheat on me? No, she wouldn't... It's like she said, I'm just boring is all.

My eyes finally let the tears escape to reach the cold hard floor. I continue filling the room with smoke, restless. I grab my phone and start scrolling through her Instagram. She posted a picture. She also deleted the ones she posted with me... Makes my broken heart break. It's a picture of her new boyfriend. The caption being: "Just broke up with my boyfriend... He cheated on me with some fat bitch, can you believe it!? 😭 I guess all I can do is move on now... #independent #breakup".

Anger starts growing, probably visible on my face. I aggressively smash the cigarette I had in hand on the ground, groaning in pain as I pressed on my nails, harshly, in the process. I sniffle silently, in the gloomy atmosphere.

I turn off my phone to look around the room. Dirty clothes are left on the floor, the bed is undone. The floor is full of cigarette bits and alcohol bottles.

I think to myself for a bit. Suddenly, a knock on the door.

"Who is it?", I ask, not wanting to see anyone at the moment.

-"Jake.", the boy replies.

That changes everything.

"The door's.. open.", I hesitantly say.

He opens the door to meet the thick, black smoke everywhere. He starts heavily coughing.

"D-Drew-! What the fuck-! *cough* *cough*", Jake exclaims, running towards the window.

He rarely cusses, I must really annoy him. He draws the curtains and opens the window, trying to breathe. The air fills the room slowly, making the room feel even more colder.

"Drew, what's wrong with you? Smoking?", he asks worried.

He slowly walks towards me before hitting his foot with an alcohol bottle, I stole it from my father's personal storage.

"Drinking as well!?", he yells, pitying me.

I hang my head low, not answering. I grab my pack again to light up another cigarette but the blonde one grabs my hand and takes it away from me. I don't move an inch, I just watch him do his thing. He puts the pack in his jacket's pocket, kneeling next to me right after.