Drake 📻

˙Main ship: Drew x Jake

˙Implied ship: Droey

˙Title:    "Meeting the peach who's out of reach."

——————
The place was empty. He walked around, dragging his feet. He took a glimpse at his surroundings and huffed. His hand slowly made its way to his pocket. He discreetly pulled out a mysterious pack. From a certain distance, you could see him pick a small white and orange stick. It was a cigarette. With his slim fingers, he pulled out a lighter and silently started smoking, filling the pure air with smoke. He sadly looked down on the floor only to lift his head back up, to check the time on the halls' walls. 02:16. The subway was lifeless and closed, away from the common folk sleeping in their homes. He flopped on a random seat he found, lumping to reach it, his eyes drifting on the ground once again. He waited. He waited for something to happen, someone to arrive. But why would he come?

Jake was running in circles. Drew had asked him to meet up in the subway late at night. He didn't know what to do. The moment he received the text, he hurried to, get out of his pajamas, put on his jacket and hurry to the nearest station. He was wondering whether to head inside the deserted place or go back home. He checked around frantically, as if he was constantly being watched. He carefully approached the blocked way inside and slid his hand on the ramp, going downstairs. He looked around again. Noticing something, his eyes widened. It was an entrance! He jumped on the ramp and slid his slim body to make his way inside the subway. He landed perfectly on the other side. The boy was hesitant. Should he go back? ... No. He decided to walk forward and see Drew tonight. He missed him desperately.

Jake's footsteps slowly filled the dark, previously silent halls. A faint light could be seen from afar. The boy slowly approached the source. He gasped audibly making Drew startled and choke on the smoke he aggressively inhaled. He soon started coughing brutally, shutting his eyes close. He looked up, on his guard. He then realized Jake was standing there, shocked, and jumped on his seat.

"You came..!", he exclaimed, surprised.

Jake looked away smiling, emotional.

"Yeah, I did.", he shrugged, looking back down at the other.

A small silence wandered around the two boys. They didn't take their eyes off each other. Jake took a few steps forward. He then sat next to Drew, who was still following Jake with his stare. He threw his cigarette on the floor, his body tensing up.

"I.. missed you, you know?", he announced.

—"I'm sorry, Drew.", the other said, guilt giving him a strange sensation in the stomach.

Jake sighed. He opened his arms, welcoming the other who jumped on Jake's lap and wrapped his arm around his neck. He could feel a few tears escape his eyes, wetting Jake's new dark purple jacket.

Drew had been miserable these past few years. Zoey continued to treat him like shit, even after high school and their dramatic public break-up. As for his family, they kept on being harsh and strict with him about grades, reputation, money and behaviour. Jake, on the other hand stayed with the Music Club to form a famous band, "The Music Freaks". But the group wasn't doing very well. Jake constantly kept on fighting with Hailey and Zander because he was apparently "too cocky" with the fans. His attitude wasn't anything bad, but the two siblings made it seem that way. Getting recognized in streets wasn't always a good thing either, so Jake was thinking of quitting the band to become a singular singer.

The shorter one sobbed on the taller's shoulder, finally letting out all of the emotions he kept hidden for so long.

"Sorry... I'm sorry... Jake...", he repeated, his body slightly trembling.

The other soon started tearing up as well. He hugged the magenta-haired one, running a hand in his hair.

"Sorry...", he cried, frustrated.

—"Shhh...", the other comforted.

He grabbed his face with his cold hands and pressed his lips onto the other's, kissing him in attempt of consoling him. He hugged him tightly, and burried his face in Drew's shoulder.

"I l-love you, Jake... I still do...", he ugly cried, hiding his face with Jake's shoulder, returning the embrace slowly.

—"Me too, Drew.", he felt miserable without him.

They both felt incomplete without each other. They held hands. Drew slowly stood up, Jake soon imitated him. The tallest dried both of their tears and kissed his old lover's cheek.

"Are we still friends..?", Jake asked.

—"Can we be friends?", Drew smiled, feeling a little better.

Jake chuckled a little, remembering the song they always used to listen, from Tyler, the creator. (Dude I love his music).

"Jake...", Drew began.

—"Hm?", he tilted his head.

—"Can we go back to being together..?", he hung his head low.

The other thought for a moment. They've been separated for so long... He did miss his lover a lot.

"Sure... I'll just need a bit of time to get used to it again, though...", he grinned, holding one of Drew's hands.

The latter embraced him tightly, his head in his chest. He slowly took a few steps back and got his cigarette pack out once again.

"You still smoke?", Jake said in surprise.

—"Yeah...", Drew said, happy that he finally met up with Jake.

—"Can I get one?", the peach asked.

Drew nodded and handed Jake one stick and his lighter. He didn't care how late it was, how long it took for them to be together again. And he didn't give a damn about those Music Freaks. All he cared about at the moment was Jake.

"Wanna sleep at mine? I don't live far.", Jake offered.

Drew nodded reluctantly. The boys left the lonely place and headed to Jake's apartment.

Finally arriving at Jake's, they both removed their shoes and flopped on the couch.

"I missed you so much, Drew..", Jake blurted out(spit, spurt).

He laid down on his stomach and hugged the other's waist as he rested his head on his stomach.

"Me too...", he mumbled while closing his eyes.

—"So, what's new?"

—"Well, I'm a fashion designer now..." , he smiled sweetly, "You became a singer, right?"

—"Yeah, I'm pretty much on every poster in the streets now.", Jake smirked and winked, staring at Drew.

The boys ended up talking to each other for hours, only to fall asleep at 6 in the morning. The next day, they didn't go to work and stayed at Jake's all day, worrying their friends who noticed their absence. This was the start of their brand new relationship.

—————

Word count: 1122

Wsp, I'm back. Ill write ur reqs dw, I just have some things going on and no motivation B) ILL GET IT BCK AT SOME POINT DW.

Liked the story? Vote! B)