27 📞 one heck of a show

Bold - Jungwon

Italic - You

☏ ⚊ ☏

When the camera was already rolling for the live session of Vlive, with only the two of them being shown, the views was suddenly increasing than normal and Jungwon scooted himself a little bit away from Y/N as Heeseung mouthed him something about the ongoing comments.

It also looked like Y/N was doing her best to remain calm, going as far to smile in the camera.

"The two of you look absolutely adorable!", Ms. Soo praised them in excitement besides the director, "I have to say when I first heard the news, I couldn't believe my ears. But as it turns out, it was all just a misunderstanding in the public's side?"

Jungwon laughed as fake as he could, but appearing real to the audience, "Of course, that's why we're here to clear some things out about that issue"

Well, he wasn't exactly lying.

"That's the spirit!", Miss Soo squealed, then turned to Y/N, "And you, Y/N, what can you say about the issue?"

She had to contain herself, so she wouldn't stutter, "Shock as per say especially being linked to my friend? I mean, it's kind of awkward, isn't it?", then she smiled at him, "He's only a close friend, a dear one at that but we're not anything else"

Jungwon smiled back, and Y/N could see the message behind it. It wasn't a smile that would persuade the world he's into her.

It was a smile that said he was thankful she managed to become so casual and confident in front of the camera for him.

In a way, she was saving the both of them from further speculations.

"Aww you two! I like the way you smile at each other, as if it meant something", Ms. Soo exclaimed before clearing her throat at the director's glare because she's clearly going out of the script, "The fans have divided opinions. But there is some also supporting the idea. Have you heard what they say, Jungwon?"

Jungwon shook his head, but Y/N only grinned sheepishly, "I did"

He glanced at her with arched eyebrows, "You have?"

"You can't blame me", she defended herself, "I'm only checking to see how much hate I would get, but even if they're supporting the idea of you and I, let's be clear here, guys, we are not a thing"

She had searched both of their names in Instagram and Twitter and found several interesting threads before she left the Enhypen's dorm with the boys.

Many of them suspected the whole ordeal to be a play of the haters to drag down Jungwon while some kinda accepted it. Or said what if they were friends, but more than friends?

Not that they were wrong.

After the interview was over within just twenty minutes, the rest of Enhypen comes to the two and they came with a positive news of how the Engenes was receiving it well. It was also trending how Belift handed the scandal well by letting even Y/N appear to confirm that it was just all a misunderstanding.

Without slandering the one who exposed such a big news.

But they couldn't just expect for Sunoo to squeal once they were inside the lounge for Enhypen, "You two handled it so well! But I'm still a shipper, so please do me a favor!"

"No", Ni-ki began, pushing him gently to the side, "More like do us a favor!"

"What kind of favor?", Jungwon asked suspiciously while his hyungs were watching closely in the way he's practically glued to the confused Y/N.

"I'm not sure if the two of you will like it.. But can you two kiss?", Jake teasingly said with a laugh.

"Calm down, Jake, they're still minors for you to think about like that", Sunghoon reminded with a shake of his head.

Y/N tried not to look horrified and didn't know if she failed, but she saw that Jungwon was rolling his eyes at his hyungs. He caught her stare and their gazes locked in concentration, both trying not to do anything wrong.

And then he leaned in, and all the background noises from Enhypen had disappeared including Sunoo's squealing.

But there was no lips colliding, only a hand grasping hers before they were walking away from the others.

It was just perfect for Y/N to see Jungwon was willing to put her out of her misery and bring her all the way to the parking lot. Warmness spread around her and her stomach was on fire at his next words.

"That was one heck of a show we put on, but for real, you'll be really good if you were to be my girlfriend in the future"

His plan for her to blush didn't certainly fail.