53 📞 before the next chapter

Bold - Jungwon

Italic - You

☏ ⚊ ☏

Y/N finds herself walking over to him at the backstage with Fiona trailing after her, her friend's eyes getting bigger and bigger at the view of some Enhypen members now attending to some V.IP fans.

Jungwon was signing an autograph and looked pretty into it. Once he was finish, he glanced upward and gave the smiling girl in a white dress in front of him a genuine smile, "Have a nice evening"

The girl squaeled and bowed to him before walking away, hugging her signed album as she go. This gathered a chuckle from Jungwon, always happy to see some delighted fans.

When he looked up to the next person, he widened his eyes in shock, "You really came", he stated, not even believing it himself.

Y/N smiled, "I promised, didn't I? I liked your Mad at Disney cover"

He returned the smile and without saying anything, he ran a shaky hand through his slightly curled hair.

"And?"

"What is there to say? I like to commend you for having that courage to shout my name up the stage but what about your management? I'm surprised no one of them was preventing me to approach you", she tried to joke, but failed aside, "All jokes aside, how did they response about it?"

Jungwon smiled a sad content smile at her question, "For now, they're staying neutral, but they'll choose their judgement on us based on the public's reaction tommorow"

Y/N frowned and looked down at their hands, "Why did you do it? Sorry but I kind of wish you didn't if it meant your fans would start to hate you"

"Why are you apologizing to me? Shouldn't I be the one to do it instead?", Jungwon laughed a heavenly laugh, which soothed her worries, "Let them do it, but I'll do my best to protect you from them"

"I'm not really prepared for this, Jungwon"

Then he turned serious, "Y/N, I just...", he seemed like he was thinking about what he should say, "From the night of your birthday, I was not supposed to confessed my feelings for you.. I just don't think it would be good for us to have a relationship", he stated as if telling the truth was hard.

"Mostly because I'm an idol and I'm not perfect and I make mistakes with the way I treated you in thos first few calls we had and I myself think you don't deserve that"

Y/N opened her mouth to say something, but got interrupted by him. Even so, she listened patiently.

"At this point, I don't even know what I'm doing or if it's right in following my heart", he laughed a genuine one at his confusion, "But the point is, you make me want to follow it and let the fate decide. I can't just let you go"

Finally, her mouth curved into a small smile, "I agree with you. I might have made a mistake in letting what we have develop into something else, but if you really think that we're meant to be and I should start in believing it myself, let's try but slowly"

Jungwon nodded understandingly and the corner of his mouth quirked up, "You've actually turned into a person my co-members is suggesting you to be. And I'm lucky to have something that makes saying goodbye hard"

"I can say the same", and then Jungwon heard her laugh as she got the meaning of his words, "Winnie the Pooh, huh?"

"I know and Y/N? Any day spent with you is my favorite day, so today is my favorite day"

She was amused now, and finding it cute that he's the one quoting Disney on her this time.

When Jungwon caught her eyes again and noticed now how the co-members was the one squealing with Fiona behind them, he smiled sheepishly at the things coming out of their mouth.

He resisted the urge to roll his eyes as Heeseung and Jake was going on a duet to sing I See The Light from Tangled while Sunoo and Ni-ki were acting out Eugene and Rapunzel. He supposed the Pascal the Chameleon was Jay with his big goofy smile and then there was Sunghoon acting cool for the sake of the horse, Maximus.

And Fiona? She was the fourth breaker of the wall at the background or the narrator.

Some things never really change.

"When's the wedding?", Ni-ki teased, removing himself from their Disney parody.

Jungwon decided to roll his eyes again, but Y/N decided to answer the maknae's question seriosly.

She glanced over at him and grinned, "Ten years later. Wait for it"