Prologue

In the distance, a sea of black emerged from the Forbidden Forest, and all Adeline could feel was hate.

They all gave each other one last nod before integrating with all of the other students, staff, Order, and Aurors outside in the courtyard. A white dust filled the air. Through it, she saw Draco, who was covered in dirt, but looked overall unharmed. Pansy and Blaise, who held hands together, were right next to him. They met Adeline's eyes, and Adeline nodded at them. Pansy had tears in hers as she mouthed, 'I'm so sorry'.

And then, she realized that only a few meters to the right of them was the exact place where they executed The Plan to Seduce Potter. The echoes of the memory played in her head.

"Get over him."

"I want to. But... He's just so..." Adeline exhaled, "I mean, his hair looks so soft. Have you seen him play Quidditch? It's like art! And his glasses. They just fit his face. He's really cute. "

The space was now buried under shrapnel and piles of rock stained with blood. It was someone's dying-place.

"Who is that?" Ginny asked. "Hagrid's carrying? Neville, who is it?"

"Harry Potter is dead!"

Adeline never thought she'd hear the words. It was her biggest fear. It was what she prayed would never happen every single night since the Third Task.

"NO!" Gasps and screams came from the crowd, and Adeline would have. But she numbed herself. She had to. All she could do was look at Nagini.

She refused to look at Hagrid, she refused to look at the bundle in his arms. She refused to believe that it was Harry's body, and told herself it was just a stranger's. She refused to believe that Harry Potter's heart didn't beat anymore.

This was just a dream. You're dreaming.

You have to kill him.

"Silence!" The Dark Lord marched in front of them. "Harry Potter is dead! From this day forth, you'll put your faith in me."

Screw you. Never.

Then he turned around, bathing in the glory of such a tragedy, like it was a show. Like it was a circus. Like he was performing on a stage.

"HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!"