Chapter 11

"Went out with Potter again I see," Pansy smiled at Adeline's blush the next morning as all four of them met in the Common Room. Everyone had already gone to breakfast.

"Yeah." Adeline hid a smile by biting the inside of her cheek.

"How was it?"

"Better than anything I've ever had." She took a breath, "which is scary, but good."

"I'm sure Potter's idiocy will reveal itself eventually. You haven't made fun of him once."

Adeline licked her lips, her heart skipping a beat. "It would be rude to make fun of my boyfriend, wouldn't it?"

"Your what?" Pansy snapped to Adeline with a look of awe on her face. "He's your—Merlin! This is amazing!"

"Surely you can still make fun of him," Draco suggested, smirking.

"I'm sure I will, but to be safe when we're starting out. Blaise, if I ever need you to cover for me... would you?"

Blaise nodded. "If it means you're happy and not so much of an arse."

"I think I will be. I really do." Adeline couldn't hide her smile any more, but got it out of her system before they left the Common Room.

~*~

The next week, they saw each other in double potions and charms. Those classes went well, meaning they sneered at each other and kept up the facade. Ron and Hermione couldn't have guessed who Harry's girlfriend was if they tried because they were so good. A Slytherin and Gryffindor together: clever and lethal.

Except when Divination hit.

Out of boredom, Adeline shoved her hand in his robe pocket, but she felt a piece of parchment she didn't remember putting in there herself.

Happy Friday

-Scarface

The handwriting was horrible, and at the sight of it, Adeline pushed down her smile. She read it twice and glanced up to him. Potter—Harry (Merlin, that's hard to get used to) noticed the slight turn of her lips across the way. Just as their eyes were about to meet, a Gryffindork two tables away from Harry spoke.

"Professor Trelawney, are you okay," she asked.

Professor Trelawney turned abruptly, her hair frizzing more than usual. "Today," she bellowed.

"Friday? What's wrong with Friday," Millicent Bulstrode asked, though she hid a smirk on her face. All of the Slytherins knew of Adeline's reading for Trelawney.

"The date," Trelawney whispered, and then shouted, "The date!"

"The thirteenth—"

Trelawney cried and stumbled backward into the tables, knocking over a set of brass stands and a few teacups.

Adeline and Harry jerked up, locking eyes.

"Told you," Adeline mouthed and Harry muzzled his mouth with his hand to keep from breaking out in a fit of laughter. Adeline had to bite her tongue, holding it in. But still, she snorted, and she had to cover it with a cough. Blaise, Draco and Pansy gave her weird looks.

Thankfully, the rest of the class couldn't keep their eyes off of Trelawney, who was now hyperventilating. "The thirteenth! Friday the thirteenth!"

Harry couldn't help himself: he burst out laughing. A few others did, too, but not as hard as him.

Ron looked at Harry, bemused. "Mate, what's got you laughing so hard?"

"Danger! Moral peril! This is it! This is my end!"