Chapter 46

"Bloody hell," Ron cursed under his breath as snatchers dragged him, Hermione, and Harry down a cobblestone walkway. How they got there... That was a bad situation with really bad timing.

Since the last time he'd seen Adeline via the spell, they travelled to Xenophilius Lovegood's home. And well, long story short, there was now a giant gate with a curly 'M' welded onto the front of it.

Obviously, it went well.

Harry's heart raced, his face tingling and numb from the spell that Hermione had used on it.

He promised her he wouldn't get caught—hell, why did they apparate so far West? They should have gone East.

The snatchers guided them to the gates, where Bellatrix waited for them.

Shoot, shoot, shoot. Ron and Hermione might die, too.

He swallowed as one of them brought Harry's face right to the cold bars. Bellatrix peaked through and whispered, "Get Adeline and Draco."

Oooohhh Adeline's going to be furious with him. Hell, if Voldemort wasn't going to kill him, Adeline was.

But at the same time, he got to see Adeline.

Solidly. Maybe he'd even get to stand near her—would you stop obsessing over your ex-girlfriend for five bloody minutes?

Really, Harry was about to put Adeline in a horrible, dangerous, traumatic situation that Adeline had told him she feared.

Adeline had to identify the love of her life and decide who got to kill Harry.

Hell, he didn't mean to do this to her, not after everything Adeline already had to get through.

Through swollen eyes, Harry saw glimpses of Malfoy Manor, and chills went up his spine at the stories that Adeline had told him. It was basically a mansion full of torture chambers.

And Harry was about to go into one.

This was it. This might be Harry's end. They hadn't gotten all the Horcruxes yet, and here he'd die at the hand of his lover.

A sudden force knocked Harry to his knees, and Bellatrix grabbed him by his hair. Footsteps walked towards him, and through glossy eyes, he saw white blond hair and grey eyes, and a moment later he noticed the person behind Draco. White blond hair and mercury eyes...Adeline.

Harry's stomach twisted and heart leaped simultaneously. Hey Twin Ferret, fancy meeting you here after you told me you never wanted to see me again and you'd have a mental breakdown if you ever did.

And despite what she had told Harry, Adeline didn't look that scared. Concerned, yes, but she had her mask on brilliantly. So did Draco, for that matter.

Hell, Adeline looked gorgeous—shut up Harry! Now is not the time.

"Well?" Bellatrix asked.

Adeline hesitated, "I can't be sure." I am absolutely sure.

Because her arm burned. How could he not be Harry Potter in front of her—after he promised he wouldn't come. I'm literally going to kill you if no one else does, you arsehole.

Then, Adeline felt a hand on her neck. "Look closely, my dears. If we are the ones to hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, all would be forgiven. All would be as it was, do you understand?"

Get off of me, you deadbeat vermin. Don't you know I have a soulmate I'm scolding in my head?

"Now we won't be forgetting who actually caught him in, I hope, Mr. Malfoy." One of the Snatchers said smugly.