trouble

::::::

got so much to lose
got so much to prove
god don't let me lose my mind

- trouble : cage the elephant

::::::

(relevant to chapter 3 of tokyo revengers manga)

2005

y/n was slightly relieved when the huge, scary, guy turned away from takemichi, but she lost all hope when he doubled back and punched the smaller boy in the stomach, hard.

y/n looked away with tears in her eyes. she couldn't watch takemichi get thrown around like a punching bag.

she could hear all of his friends begging for him to stop, and y/n was sure he was going to get knocked out soon.

the crowd cheered so loud, y/n figured no one would notice her if she went into the crowd, and frankly, she didn't care if they did, she just didn't want takemichi to die.

she gathered some confidence(and a stronger stomach) and hurried down the steps to join takemichi's friend group. they barely even noticed her because their eyes were glued on takemichi.

"I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH, TAKEMICHI!!!" takuya yelled at him.

"YOU'RE SERIOUSLY GOING TO DIE!!" akkun shouted.

"GIVE UP TAKEMICHI!" y/n yelled to him.

the big guy finally stopped punching him. even he was surprised takemichi hadn't given up.

the whole crowd went silent... everyone was anticipating the next moments...

"not... yet... not... yet..." takemichi said, his words slurring, and he mentioned something about it not being able to heal his heart from the last twelve years.

this only gave y/n more questions that she needed to ask him later. but right now they had to get him to stop.

"GIVE UP ALREADY TAKEMICHI!! YOU'VE SHOWED US ENOUGH OF YOUR DETERMINATION!!" akkun shouted.

"I AIN'T GIVING UP!!!!" takemichi fully stood up, "I HAVE A REASON TO NOT GIVE UP!!!"

"the tokyo manji gang." he panted.

"kiyomasa... the only was you'll win is by killing me." takemichi had the most determined look in his eyes y/n had ever seen. she had never seen such a brave side of takemichi before.

"i absolutely ain't gonna lose." he grinned.

"bring me my bat!!" kiyomasa demanded. oh shit. takemichi was gonna die.

"i'm gonna kill you." he said. y/n was on the verge of crying. she's never been in this situation before, and it was sprung upon them so suddenly. going down there to intervine would only get her killed too, right?

"oi, kiyomasa." someone said. y/n snapped her head in his direction. he was even bigger and scarier than anyone else there. he had a long, blonde braid, and a dragon tattoo along the side of his head.

y/n remembered she that she was the only girl there, and felt quite exposed. but everyone was staring at the short boy, with long blonde hair standing behind him.

"you've drawn quite the crowd." the taller one said.

"you sure are worked up ain'tcha? even though you're the host." he continued. people started whispering amongst themselves, and y/n grew very nervous. was she the only one who didn't know them?

"that's the vice president of the tokyo manji gang!!" akkun said from next to her, "ryuguji ken, also known as "draken"!"

::::::