a certain romance

::::::

you know, oh, it's a funny thing you know
we'll tell 'em if you like
we'll tell 'em all tonight

they'll never listen
because their minds are made up
and course it's all okay to carry on that way

- a certain romance : arctic monkeys

::::::

(relevant to chapter 99 ad 100 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

as soon as y/n saw that mitsuya wasn't getting up, immediately ran outside and grabbed her phone. she knew he would wake up sooner or later, he had too, but she still ran out and dialled mikey's number. 

when he didn't pick up, she stared to get nervous, calling draken instead. 

"y/n?" he picked up.

"where's mikey-kun?!" 

"right next to me, i'll put him on." she knew that draken had no clue what was happening, but he was way too calm.

"heyyyy, y/n!" mikey's cheerful voice filled her ears, but tears poured from her eyes and there was no time. 

"it's mitsuya! and chifuyu, and takemichi! the black dragons- it doesn't matter! come to the udugawa christian church!"

"why-?"

"you'll see, just come!" she hung up the phone; there wasn't enough time to wait outside for them to show, so she went back into the shrine.

chifuyu was already beat up from earlier, and they were versing a gang leader. she couldn't let anything happen to her friends.

"not... gonna... lose." takemichi swayed from left to right, blood staining his face as he faced off against taiju. 

"what...?" y/n said to herself.

"YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH! PLEASE STOP ALREADY!!" hakkai shouted at the boy.

y/n couldn't see chifuyu anywhere, and she began to grow worried. 

"that's enough, takemitchy." she heard chifuyu's voice, and took a few steps forwards down the side of the pews.

"you did your best." he said weakly. y/n ran towards him and dropped to her knees to reach his level. he was lying on the floor, in a lot worse shape than before.

"we lost this one." he smiled at her while he said that. however, it made no difference since takemichi kept going, as always. y/n turned him around so that's he wasn't face-planting, and sat him up against the back of the seat. 

"you shouldn't be in here."

"neither should you." she retorted, "i called-"

she was cut off by a harsh kick to the back by inui. she was knocked onto her back, and propped herself up by her elbows. but, before she could say anything, chifuyu was already standing.

"you fucker!" he gathered all of his strength and sent his fist flying right at inui's face, knocking him straight to the floor... along with chifuyu.

y/n crawled back to him, and leaned over him from the side, only to see he was smiling., with closed eyes.

"he deserved that."

she grabbed his hand to check his knuckles, that were bleeding all over from the previous fights, but especially that punch.

"you didn't have to-" she was interrupted once again when takemichi punched taiju so hard that he fell to his knees.

::::::