feels like we only go backwards

::::::

i got my hopes up again, oh, no, not again
feels like we only go backwards, darling

- feels like we only go backwards : tame impala

::::::

(sort of relevant to chapter 8 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2017

after the news reporter announced that tachibana hinata had been killed, y/n remembered what had happened all those years ago. takemichi told her all about how he could time travel, and then when she went to see him two days later he had forgotten all about it. back then, y/n had thought it was just a dumb prank, and didn't talk about it again, because it was i little embarrassing that she fell for that.

she obviously was proven wrong when naruto turned out to be exactly what takemichi had told her.

it had been a week or so since the 4th of July, when hinata died, so she thought she would try to call takemichi again.

she picked up her phone and said to chifuyu, "i'm gonna make a call, i'll be right back."

she walked into their bedroom and dialled takemichi's number.

he picked up surprisingly quickly.

"y/n?" he said.

"hey takemichi... that night... after your fight. was that real?" she didn't have much time to think of what to say so she slowly formed a sentence.

takemichi answered, "yeah... it was. i just got back." y/n's eyes widened.

"that was kind of a dick move you know... asking for my help and then leaving."

"yeah, i'm really sorry about that, it was kind of an accident."

y/n chuckled lightly, "of course it was."

"i'm on my way to see akkun, he's a manager in toman, and i need to get to mikey. i'm going back to the past soon, so i'll see you in a bit."

"we'll not rea-" y/n decided not to oppose his logic. when takemichi mentioned needing to find out about toman, y/n was going to suggest he could talk to chifuyu, but takemichi had already hung up.

::::::