same mistakes

::::::

gotta make up our minds
or else we'll play, play, play all the same old games
and we wait, wait, wait for the end to change

- same mistakes : one direction

::::::

(relevant to chapter 120 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2006

"wanna stay at mine tomorrow?" chifuyu asked his girlfriend as they walked to takemichi's house, "we can watch that movie you were talking about."

"yeah, sounds good. you've got more food at your house than i do." y/n interlaced her fingers with his, while chifuyu held his umbrella closer to her, letting the rain fall more on him. y/n pushed it back to the middle; a dynamic between to two that reoccured quite often. 

"ya know, our anniversary is coming up soon." chifuyu mentioned.

"it is? we only started dating in december."

"the anniversary of us meeting, not when we started dating. it's almost been a year." he said as if it was obvious.

"well then we should do something nice." at that, chifuyu separated their hands. 

"ah ah ah," chifuyu handed her the umbrella, turning to walk backwards, their faces extremely close to touching as he tried to stay under the umbrella, "i've already planned-"

"what is this guy doing?" he paused when he saw a figure in the park, yelling and brutally attacking a tyre swing. he grabbed y/n's hand, ushering her towards the sight.

"fuyu-!" she tried her best to keep the rain off of the both of them, ultimately giving up and letting the boy get wet. she had to think twice about approaching this violent stranger, while chifuyu went up and started a conversation with no issue. the person turned around, only to be more surprised by their presence than they were of his. 

"I'M NOT GONNA LOSE-... chifuyu?! y/n?! b-but what're you doing here?!" alas, it was the very person they were on their way to visit. 

"we were gonna come see you..." y/n told him.

"yeah, then we saw a weirdo fighting a wheel." y/n smiled at chifuyu's wording. 

"i'm..." takemichi tried to explain himself, but chifuyu was quick to tease him further.

"talking with a tyre wheel in the rain? that's totally creepy." he said, and y/n nodded.

"shut yer mouth!" takemichi went red, despite the cold air, "i'm busy! i'm not playing around here!"

"what are you on about, takemichi?" y/n sighed. 

"i'm training," the boy punched the tire a few more times, already out of breath, "i have to get stronger than everyone!!! no matter what!" 

y/n couldn't keep herself from laughing when the swing flew back and slammed into takemichi. however, she did stop after his next sentence. 

"if i don't get stronger the future won't change!" 

chifuyu's face hurriedly filled up with a few different emotions, "you're... the takemichi from the future..."

he nodded. it would be painful to them them about the future, but he needed to. there couldn't be an easy way to say it, so he decided to spit it out in the most blunt way possible.

"all the toman members are dead..." he didn't want to continue, since y/n and chifuyu were already securing their grip on each other.

"and mikey killed them," takemichi winced, while also trying to hold back his own tears. he turned back to the tyre and unenthusiastically punched it, not wanting to face them.

"are you kidding?" y/n asked, even though she knew the answer. a tiny sliver of her was hoping that by asking it would become untrue. 

"is that why you're hitting a wheel? are you a child or what?" chifuyu said, earning an elbow to the side from his girlfriend.

y/n looked up to the sky while takemichi ranted some more about becoming stronger, having to shield her eyes as it began raining more heavily than earlier.

"hey! show me your hands!" chifuyu demanded. y/n turned to see takemichi's hand covered in blood and bruises. she gasped at the sight, but he swiftly went back to punching the tyre. the two couldn't manage to convince a relentless takemichi to stop hurting himself, so chifuyu had to grab him by the hood and slam him onto the ground.

"get ahold of yourself takemichi!" 

"i couldn't do anything. i have no idea how i'm gonna save everyone!" as he cried, y/n knelt down next to him, about to say a few words of comfort before he started wailing again.

"it's too haaaaard!!! mikey died in my arms! i can still feel his warmth in my hands!!... i can't take it anymore, guys." at this, chifuyu fell to his knees on the other side of takemichi. 

he just breathed for a moment, before saying, "what a fucked future."

"but to be honest, it makes me happy."

"what?" y/n said, surprised. the future didn't make her happy at all. all of her friends and husband would be dead in a few years time if they didn't do something. she would be left all alone.

"i mean how we were able to meet again," chifuyu grinned, " i didn't think we would."

"yeah." more tears rolled down takemichi's face.

"well. you know what you guys have to do now?" y/n said.

"huh? what?" takemichi lifted his neck to look at her.

"you've gotta beat mikey." she grinned. 

"the hell are you saying? we'll get killed, you know."

"haha," chifuyu laughed at her resolve, "it sucks, not being able to fix my death. no one can really beat mikey, or confront him." he stood up.

"but maybe toman can."  

y/n smiled at the boy, holding out her hands to be helped up off the dirt. she then held out her hand to takemichi, who still resided on the floor; chifuyu did the same.

"c'mon, takemichi. it's time we get out of the cold."

::::::

s2 comes out soon ahhh! 

don't forget to vote if u enjoyed <3