do ya like

::::::

baby girl, you know what i want
let me do it to ya, do it to ya
let me do ya like uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh

- do ya like : childish gambino

::::::

(relevant to chapter 114 of the tokyo revengers manga) sry for not updating in a while 

2007

when takemichi felt naoto's hand slip into him for what he thought would be the last time, his mind wandered back to his last moments with his friends. the people he respected so much he would risk his life for any of them.

the scene played like an old movie in his head. there was no colour. every now and then it crackled and skipped. he made sure to pay close attention to it, because as of now it seemed he couldn't remember a single piece of it. 

he stood opposite of the rest in an empty car garage: quite a popular location for the more private toman meetings.

"what's the deal, takemitchy?" draken was the first to break the silence. the movie skipped in his mind; a glitch muffling the sound of himself calling out mikey's name. from then on, the sound was blurred, like he had earphones in and everyone else was just in the background.

" 'kisaki is the enemy.' those were the final words baji-san said to me." he said. although he couldn't hear perfectly, the sound of everyone's heartbeats was crystal clear. and they all skipped a beat at the mention of baji's name. 

" 'the third division captain isn't kisaki. pah is' " he went on.

" 'pah-chin. mistuya. draken. mikey. kazutora.' " when he said each name, the face that matched it flashed across the movie screen. the sudden changes were too much for the imaginary old projector to handle - it got caught between frames for split seconds at a time. little white specs flashed across the pictures. finally, it landed on baji-san in his final moments: hair tied back, blood spilling from his mouth, tears streaming from his eyes.

" 'those guys are my treasures.' " he could see pools forming in y/n's eyes. she was quite prone to crying even if it contradicted her personality at times. she reached over and grabbed chifuyu's hand, intertwining their fingers. neither of them turned their heads but they were both on the verge of tears. 

takemitchi then watched himself throw his head back with a shout, "please don't forget what baji-san's goal was!! please, stay strong!" he strained.

"if anyone can create a new age alone, it's you, mikey-kun!" he looked at him sternly, as if ordering him to do so. 

mikey's eyes had softened, and as soon as he spoke, the sound finally faded back to a clear crisp audio. colour slowly faded into the image. the screen stopped glitching. takemichi couldn't help but wonder what his subconscious was trying to tell him. how was he supposed to interpret this? 

"takemitchy..." mikey was speechless. they basked in the silence for a few moments before chifuyu carefully let go of y/n's hand and approached his friend. he touched a hand to his shoulder and closed his eyes for a moment.

"quit makin' me cry, dumbass." he grinned. all in a few seconds, the moment had become lighter, and takemichi let himself smile too.

"um... can i ask for one more thing?" he proposed sheepishly. 

"hm?"

"mind if i take a group photo, to remember this occasion?" 

"what occasion?" draken asked, but was overlooked by everyone else piping up.

"sure, why not?" y/n smiled softly, knowing it was hard for him to leave all of his friends in the past.

"don't wanna." mikey grumbled like a toddler. 

"when're we gettin' some food?" mitsuya completely ignored takemichi. hakkai laughed at his mentor.

"alright, stand together guys!" he tried.

"what a pain." chifuyu spoke, earning a harsh elbow to the side from his girlfriend. miraculously, they all ended up in position. takemichi knelt behind the camera, ready to run into frame. 

"ready guys? mikey-kun?! look this way everyone!" he set the timer on the camera and started his countdown. chifuyu put his arm around y/n's shoulders and she leaned against his chest. 

"three, two, one!" he jumped up and ran into frame, just barely making it. he was in such an awkward position when the camera captured the moment, putting a genuine smile on everyone's faces - in true takemichi spirit.

when the camera clicked, the movie screen flashed, and froze on the picture. takemichi watched it for a few moments before it leisurely faded to black and his eyes snapped open with a start. 

he was back in his own time, and there was a single tear streaming down his face. he stood in front of an altar, and a coffin rested on top of it. a funeral?

his eyes reached the picture of the deceased and he instantly felt a pang in his heart when he saw the face.

mitsuya-kun was dead.

::::::