flourescent adolescent

::::::

fallin about
you took a left off last laugh lane
just soundin it out
but you're not coming back again

-fluorescent adolescent : arctic monkeys

::::::

(relevant to chapter 11 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

"y... you've got it all wrong, hina!" takemichi panicked.

"he just ran away from seeing me in my underwear," ema said calmly, "so he's a lil' coward."

"you did what, takemichi?!" y/n looked at him, bewildered. she was also surprised draken barely even batted an eye, and just walked away to join mikey.

"ohh? so you did something like that, huh?" hina slurred, her eyes turning white with rage to match her wrathful mood. y/n and ema slowly backed away from the girl.

"did i-? hmm-? i recall none of that." takemichi tried to reason.

y/n knew he had no chance, but she didn't expect to seen hina holding a baseball bat when she turned back to the girl.

"where the hell did she get that?" y/n spoke to herself under her breath.

"hina-san?!" takemichi almost pleaded.

...

y/n stood back, staring at takemichi and hina with wide eyes.

"i'b sowwy." takemichi said, his words not making full sense, because of his swollen face. y/n was starting to become friends with hina, but was becoming more and more scared of her every minute.

"i won't do it again."

"don't care!"  hina yelled over her shoulder, walking away.

"scary." ema said. and y/n nodded. she gulped as she watched hina storm off.

y/n felt sort of bad for ema. she had only done it because draken wasn't paying much attention to her, and she wanted to see if he got mad. still, the best way to deal with a relationship problem is probably not to cheat with another dude.

draken soon announced the start of the meeting, and y/n went with ema to a bench to the left of the gang.

usually at this point, y/n would've just gone home, hina having left, but she was weirdly interested in what a gang meeting was like. she looked amongst the crowd, seeing if she knew anyone. it wouldn't be great to find out anyone she knew was in a gang, but she wanted to check.

sure enough, she spotted them. the two boys that lived across from her. they stood close to the front, talking to each other while they waited for mikey to enter. this was probably the closest y/n had ever been to them, but she knew they wouldn't see her.

however, little did she know, the blond one, with the undercut, stole a glance at her. he didn't know why the pretty girl he saw on his way to school every morning was now sitting in on their meeting. she most likely had a boyfriend in the gang, which made him weirdly dissapointed.

when mikey, draken and takemichi came into view, the gang instantly made a pathway for them to walk through, and bowed as they passed.

takemichi looked extremely out of place, and it was a little embarrassing as he trotted along behind mikey and draken.

"we're gathered here today because of the 'mobius' incident." mikey started, "when they clash with us, it's going to be a big dispute."

"if we do, it'll be around the time of the musashi festival." he continued.

y/n had no idea what he was talking about, but she knew about the festival. she was planning on going but she sort of had no one to go with... it would be nice to go with a partner, but she was still lacking in that area.

y/n nearly forgot where she was when takemichi got brutally kicked to the ground by one of the gang members.

another one came up to him and got uncomfortably close to takemichi's face.

it took a moment for y/n to realise they were probably talking to each other, and she just couldn't hear from where she was.

the rest of the members up on the platform joined in on the conversation, and it looked like the boy from earlier with lilac hair, was explaining something to takemichi.

don't these gang leaders realise that half the people there can't even hear them?

so far the only thing y/n heard was: "I WANNA DO IT!!! I WANNA FUCKING BEAT THEM TO DEATH!!!"

finally, mikey spoke up.

"is there anyone who thinks it'd be too much trouble if toman helped out pah's good friend?!" mikey called out, with no response.

"is there anyone who is on the fence about mobius, even though they fucked up pah's friend?!" again, no response.

"THERE AIN'T IS THERE?!!" mikey smiled menacingly, while the boy in front of him was on the verge of tears, who y/n assumed was pah.

the rest of the gang was smirking at the thought of a fight along with him.

"WE'RE GOING TO CRUSH MOBIUS!!!" mikey yelled, causing a loud roar from the crowd in front of him.

he turned, and walked away, his loose jacket following in the wind behind him. no matter how bad supposed 'future' takemichi said mikey would turn out to be, he seemed pretty cool. at least that's what y/n thought.

mikey turned his head over his shoulder just before leaving, and said, "the decisive battle will be on august the 3rd, during the musashi festival."

and with that final statement, the gang dispersed, needing no further instructions.

::::::