arabella

::::::

my days end best when the sunset gets itself behind
that little lady sittin on the passenger side
it's much less picturesque without her catchin the light
the horizon tries but it's just not as kind on the eyes

- arabella : arctic monkeys

::::::

(relevant to chapter 10 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

"i can never tell hina about this." takemichi said while squeezing his knuckles. he had just come from the future, and found himself in a karaoke room with a girl he didn't know. and she was in... her underwear.

y/n had to stifle a chuckle as hina quietly snuck up behind him.

"what? never tell me what?" hina said, and y/n let out a laugh when takemichi screamed in fear.

"hina?! y/n ?! w-w-w-why are you here?!"

(from the author : pls don't blame me for the stutter im writing from the manga 😭)

"i ran into y/n going home from cram school, so we were walking together" hina furrowed her brows and frowned at the boy, "takemichi-kun, what are you doing here?"

hina was frightening sometimes, it even scared y/n a bit.

y/n zoned out while hina and takemichi conversed. last time they talked, takemichi said nothing about his time-travel problem. it was probably just a silly prank. she felt gullible for believing it, but man, that kid should write for naruto.

y/n came back to reality when takemichi's phone rang.

"draken-kun!" takemichi talked to draken on the phone for a few seconds, while y/n and hina stood awkwardly, listening.

they hadn't ever really been great friends, they only knew each other through takemichi. but that night while y/n was at the store, she saw hina walking alone, and decided to join her. they were actually having a good conversation, until takemichi appeared out of no where.

"draken-kun wants me to meet up with him for a while."

hina smiled and said, "well then, we'll come along."

...

the three were walking to some shrine, y/n had gathered. she kind of felt uncomfortable around takemichi, because he pranked her and she fell for it, and he just never spoke of it again. she wanted to ask why but also didn't want to bring it up.

ring. ring. ri-

y/n picked up her phone, "hey, dad."

she took her flip phone away from her ear for a second.

"sorry guys, keep walking. i'll catch up."

y/n let the two walk ahead of her so they could keep talking. she put the phone back to her ear.

"where are you?" her dad asked.

"sorry, i ran into my friend, we're gonna go get some ice cream or something and hang out for a bit. i'll be home before midnight, okay?" y/n's dad wasn't very strict, but he definitely wouldn't let her hang out with a gang.

"okay, be safe, honey"

"gotcha." she hung up and walked a bit faster to catch up with the two so she could start third-wheeling once again.

"you're supposed to meet him here?" y/n asked when they arrived outside the shrine.

"yeah." takemichi confirmed.

the sound of motorbikes filled the street, and hundreds of them came to a stop right in front of the three friends.

y/n was pretty scared. she was decently brave sometimes, but not when it came to huge motorcycle gangs.

"are you sure this is the right place?" hina asked.

"y... yeah."

one ugly looking guy stormed up to them and started yelling angrily in their faces.

"OI!!! THIS AIN'T A FUCKING EXHIBITION!! you little shit! GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"

hina hid behind takemichi, but y/n had no where to go, so she just stood there, stuck to the floor, as more scary looking guys came up to them, yelling more at them to go away.

"but i was told to come here..." takemichi dripped sweat.

"HAH?! THIS IS TOMAN'S MEETING PLACE. WHO TOLD YOU TO COME HERE?" the guy lifted takemichi up by his shirt.

a boy, older than them, with lilac hair, and a cross earring walked over.

"could it be that you're takemicchi?" he asked.

"y...yes." takemichi said, and the guy put him down.

"why're you threatening the president's guest?" the lilac-haired boy kicked him softly(softly compared to how draken kicked).

"follow me." they were led to the front of the gathering of motorcycles, where mikey and draken sat.

"yo, takemitchy." mikey greeted, "sorry about calling you here all of a sudden."

mikey's smile was definitely not the kind of smile you'd expect to see in the leader of a gang, but y/n enjoyed it, because he was the least scary person she'd seen so far.

"why the hell did you bring two girls?" draken asked.

the way he phrased it made it seem like y/n and hina were takemichi's 'girls' and y/n nearly vomited in her throat.

"sorry, i had no idea it was gonna be like this." takemichi scratched the back of his neck.

draken apologised to hina for threatening her to test takemichi, which hina had told y/n about on their walk earlier. she has explained all about how mikey and draken had come into their school, and how she had slapped mikey.

y/n was both intimidated and impressed by her.

"oi! ema!!" draken called to another girl.

"comin'." she said, as she bounced toward them. she was really pretty. she wore leg warmers and had lovely blonde hair. 

"this is takemichi's girlfriend, and..." draken looked to y/n, waiting for her to introduce herself.

"y/n, takemichi's friend." she said.

"be sure to protect them." draken said.

"got~ it~" she sung.

"oh" she noticed takemichi, "yo, lil' coward. <3"

takemichi looked like she was about to swallow a horse, his mouth was so wide open.

"who's a 'lil' coward'?" hina said, with a menacing smile.

"do you... know ema?" draken said with the same intensity as hina.

takemichi was sweating a lot.

::::::