notion

::::::

sure it's a calming notion, perpetual in motion
but i don't need the comfort of any lies

- notion : the rare occasions

::::::

(relevant to chapter 4 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

y/n waited on the steps for takemichi to finish his conversation with akkun.

earlier, mikey had beaten up kiyomasa and everyone left. it was crazy how quickly such a huge crowd had dispersed at their leaders orders. it was a good example of how much power mikey and draken held.

takemichi's friends all stayed, and y/n figured if she'd already gotten this far, she might as well wait a little longer to talk to him.

everyone else had gone, and akkun was talking to the blonde, beat up boy. it looked like a really deep conversation; y/n had never seen them so serious.

eventually, he left, and it was just takemichi, and y/n sitting behind him.

"takemichi." y/n said, and it startled him.

"you're still here?"

"yes, i'm still here dumbass. you still haven't explained what was with you the other night.

"oh... i- uh.. was just... you know- it's hard to..." takemichi was seriously mind-blanking on what to tell her.

he couldn't tell her the truth right? she was now standing in front of him, one hand on her school bag, the other hanging at her side.

takemichi felt bad that she had wasted her whole evening here, just to ask him a question.

"i'm seriously worried for you, man. what's going on? first you freak me out the other night and now you're getting in huge fights with a crowd?"

takemichi was totally stuck. his brain was too tired from being knocked around in his head all day to come up with a believable lie. maybe he just had to tell her the truth? he definitely would need some help with stopping kisaki and mikey from meeting like he and naoto had planned.

y/n was probably the only person he knew who was capable, now that he thought about it. she was trustworthy and reliable, and pretty smart too. none of his other friends were mature enough to handle anything like this.

and she would probably take him seriously if he actually explained himself.

alright, he'd decided to tell her.

"you want the truth?" he confirmed.

"yes. tell me the truth." y/n was getting quite nervous.

takemichi took a deep breath in.

"i'm from the future."  he said.

"wow, very funny takemichi. what's actually going on." she didn't believe him. she wasn't that gullible, it seemed.

"i'm telling you because i need your help. in 2017, hina and her brother died... in an accident caused by toman, the gang that you just saw. last time i came here, i managed to save her brother. i have to save her too... i have to."

y/n let out a shallow chuckle.

"so you're telling me that you're actually 26 years old, from 12 years in the future, and you need my help to save your girlfriend from dying? sounds like a load of crap, takemichi. you're gonna need more proof than that."

"you... you called me the first day it happened." he remembered. y/n was honestly pretty interested in the story.

"you said you were sorry that she died... and you wanted me to meet your husband, or something. then i nearly got hit by a train, and i ended up here." it was a shitty explanation, but it did sound like y/n.

"i have a husband?!... i mean... that's still not enough proof." she let her wary demeanour down for a moment when she heard of a future husband. even though she was 13 years old, y/n always longed for a guy to like her. probably from hearing too many romance stories, but itwas nice to hear she got a husband later in life.

"what else do you want me to say?"

"something that proves you're really from the future." y/n pretty much believed him at this point, takemichi had never sounded so serious in his life. and he had also been acting different lately. more determined.

she just needed something definitive so she would now for sure.

takemichi searched his brain for something that y/n would want to know. knowing her personality,  she would want to know something that concerned her. but not personally... an anime or something?

he just remembered: he had just finished the last manga book of naruto.

"i know how naruto ends." takemichi blurted out.

(from the author, i'm so sorry, this is the only thing i could come up with. i did my research though, the first book came out in 1999 and the last in 2015)

"wait- really?" that was something y/n didn't know she needed to hear. she had been waiting for the next book of naruto to come out for a while, but every book at once? if takemichi could tell her what happens in the rest of the series, she would 100% believe him. there's no way a measly 14 year old boy (who isn't very smart by the way) could come up with the rest, and ending of naruto on the spot.

"tell me what happens." she demanded. she didn't care how late at night it was.

"y/n-"

"if you can tell me what happens i'll believe you."

takemichi saw her logic, and he couldn't say no. he needed her help, and getting her to believe him was a good start.

y/n and takemichi stayed there for at least another hour or two, while he explained the whole of naruto(well done to takemichi), and told her all about his time travelling and what they needed to accomplish.

"alright. i'm in." y/n finally said at the end of an excruciatingly long conversation. it was around 10 o'clock at night, and she wasn't tired at all.

after not much consideration, to be honest, she had agreed to help takemichi. but for now she had to get home.

::::::