consume

::::::

please understand that i'm trying my hardest
my head's a mess but i'm trying regardless
anxiety is one hell of a problem

- consume : chase atlantic

::::::

(relevant to chapter 115 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2018

"i-i eliminated everyone that could mess up the future! we beat the black dragons and kisaki got kicked out of toman! they can't be dead! i did what i was supposed to do - how could it go wrong!" takemichi cried to naoto. he didn't believe it. all of his friends were dead. all of them. he did everything right, yet he still couldn't change the future. he kept making it worse. 

"what did you do after that?" naoto, of course, was calm. 

"i just took this photo! nothing else! how could that possibly do anything!" his salty tears spilled onto the floor looking at their faces. they couldn't be dead. they just couldn't, "are they really all gone?"

naoto, with not much comfort at all, listed their cause of death, "chifuyu matsuno, shot to death. hakkai shiba, burned alive. mitsuya takashi, strangled. ken ryuguji, stabbed."

but wait. there was one more face in the photo. someone who had been there from the very start; one of his best friends since primary school. he snapped his head towards naoto in an instant.

"y/n? she's alive?" naoto nodded solemnly. takemichi wasn't in the least bit relieved. she had suffered the most out of anyone else. he whimpered, silently. 

"where is she?"

...

y/n lay on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. all the tears in her eyes had been cried out already; visible streaks running across her face. she hugged herself tightly, trying to keep warm. to... feel something, maybe.

a rushed knock hit her door. why would someone visit her? more like who would visit her. everyone was gone. she slowly rose from the couch. there was no pile of rubbish building up around her. although she hadn't left the couch in days, she hadn't eaten anything either. 

weakly wrapping her fingers around the handle, she pulled the door open with no clue to who might be on the other side. with no time to greet, the visitor immediately rushed forwards and wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug. 

"y/n!" he sobbed.

"take... michi?" her eyes stayed wide open. all the memories from years ago came back. the black dragons, kisaki, but more prominently, the time travelling. he could go back! he could save them all...

"how are- are you- i-" he couldn't even talk. how do you start a conversation with someone who lost their true love and all of her friends?

"i... really missed you, takemichi." she tried to smile but it looked too sad to resemble one. y/n didn't want to be rude, but she had to ask. 

"can you go back? save them?" nothing about her looked hopeful, but on the inside she was about to burst into tears, if she had any left. 

"i will, i promise. but first, i need to talk to mikey." he could see her face get darker by the mention of his name. 

"you don't need to talk to him. forget him." takemichi knew how much she would hate him, but he knew that mikey was a good person. he had been through so much, and that would push anyone over the edge. 

"you know i have to. but straight after that, i'm going back. there's no way i'm giving up now. i'm gonna get them back. i'll get him back."

y/n hugged him again, a tear rolling down her cheek. 

she didn't think that was possible anymore.

::::::