i wanna be yours

::::::

secrets i have held in my heart
are harder to hide than i thought
maybe i just wanna be yours
i wanna be yours
i wanna be yours

- i wanna be yours : arctic monkeys

::::::

(relevant to chapter 85 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

ever since takemichi had accidentally told the both of them they were married in the future, it had been a little awkward between y/n and chifuyu. it had been revealed that chifuyu would die, too, and y/n was in no way happy about it.

y/n hadn't been too surprised, however, and she even admitted that she predicted it. but now there was tension. tension, because now that they knew they had feelings for one another, no one was making a move.

chifuyu was in agony because of this; all he wanted to do was be with her, but he needed to wait for the right moment to ask. he was a huge romantic, so it had to be just the two of them. then, there should be a point in time when they're both at a loss for words, just staring into each others eyes. and that's when he would kiss her. the perfect plan.

it had already been a pretty long day for him: making plans, admin meeting, making a truce with the black dragons. he couldn't wait to get home and cuddle up in bed with a good manga, but he and y/n had been called out to the wharf by takemichi to discuss more about time travel.

"shouldn't that change the future?" takemichi said, concluding his reasoning for going back to his time.

"maybe..." y/n had been awfully quiet the whole time, and chifuyu found it odd. there was something on her mind.

"but what if nothing's changed?" chifuyu objected.

"then i'll come back here." the other boy shrugged.

"how're you supposed to shake naoto's hand if you're in jail? if you go to the future now, you might not be able to come back! it's way too risky!"

that silenced takemichi, so chifuyu continued.

"besides, mitsuya's the one who changed things, not you. if you haven't changed anything, the future won't change either, will it?"

"good point." takemichi muttered. 

"you're such a dumbass! are you really 27 years old inside?!" chifuyu's comment finally caused y/n to smile for the first time since he'd seen her that day. at least he knew that he wasn't the reason she was upset.

"takemichi! i finally found you!" hakkai came to a halt a few feet away from them, panting.

"hakkai?" 

"come with me." and just like that, chifuyu and y/n were alone together. y/n turned towards the water, hiding her face from chifuyu. she didn't want him to see her like this.

he reached out and grabbed her hand, spinning her to face him. he was shocked when he saw tears streaming down her face.

"hey, what's wrong?" he said as he placed his hands on the sides of her face, using his thumbs to wipe away the tears. 

"he can't go back to the future, not yet." she whimpered. 

"why?" he said softly.

"i don't want you to die, chifuyu!" she broke down, and without thinking, said some things aloud that she wished had stayed in her head, "you can't die, because i'm so in love with you that it hurts just thinking about it! i can't live in a world where you're gone-"

fuck 'the perfect moment', he thought. he let everything fly out the window as soon as she said that she loved him, and instantly captured her lips with his - and everything just fit so perfectly.

she was startled at first,  but with almost no hesitation, kissed him back. he moved his hands from her face down to her waist, and she snaked her arms around his neck. it wasn't awkward in the slightest. they were so destined to be together, it felt as natural as breathing. 

once they finally pulled apart, they rested their foreheads together, and chifuyu whispered, "i love you, too. and i'm not going anywhere."

::::::

please remember to vote and comment <3