one for the road

::::::

so we all get back to yours and you sit and talk to me on the floor
there's no need to show me 'round, baby
i feel like i've been here before

- one for the road : arctic monkeys

::::::

(relevant to chapter 75 of the tokyo revengers manga) these are manga spoilers from now on, so please read at your own risk

2017

kazutora was dreading what was about to happen. he was driving takemichi to see y/n and naoto, the policeman that had been helping chifuyu. he was going to have to tell y/n where chifuyu was, and that wouldn't be an easy conversation. 

"shit... how am i gonna tell her?" a tear rolled down kazutora's cheek. chifuyu and his wife were there for him when no one else was, and he was extremely grateful towards them.

"let me." takemichi said. he was planning to tell her that he would change the future, and bring him back. then she wouldn't be sad, right?

"no offence, takemichi, but you don't seem like you would be good at telling someone the love of their life is-" kazutora stopped himself before he started crying again. 

...

y/n was waiting in an alleyway with naoto, about to meet up with chifuyu and takemichi. she wasn't supposed to be there, but kazutora had asked her to come. why? she had no idea. 

a car finally pulled up, and a solemn looking takemichi and kazutora stepped foot on the pavement. 

y/n looked around for her husband, who was no where to be found.

"y/n-"

"where's fuyu?"

kazutora couldn't say it. his eyes teared up as she slowly shook his head, to indicate that her husband didn't make it back. 

"what are you saying? kazutora, tell me where he is!" she asked, even though tears were already streaming down her face. she knew the answer.

"i'm sorry, y/n." 

she ran at kazutora, and collided with his chest. she banged her fists against his chest, overdriven by pain. he wrapped his arms around her, crying too. she sobbed into his shirt, almost screaming. 

"you've gotta be lying! he-he can't be gone! there's gotta be something we can-!"

"y/n, i can go back. i can change this!" takemichi exclaimed. kazutora didn't know what he was going on about, but he didn't have time to ask.

click!

they looked in the direction of the noise, only to find takemichi in handcuffs. suddenly, as if from thin air, about five more police officers showed up, surrounding them.

"you bastard." kazutora mumbled.

"too bad for you, takemichi-kun." naoto's expression was cold, as if takemichi was just scum from the bottom of his shoe.

"naoto... why?"

::::::