16 the loner in the city of love

Amaya absent mindedly gazing at the crepe Myrtle. And then at the elegant and ever bustling streets of Paris.
"It's a city for all senses , for artists and writers and musicians and dreamers , for Fantasies , for long walks and lovers . " At the thought of lover. Her mind diverted to Bhavya babu . And a dreamy smile flashed on her face.

Suddenly a intruder dragged her from her thoughts. A warm pair of hands shadowed over her eyelids blocking her vision. And a familiar voice asked her " So, miss agnihotri who do you think I might be? "

At the mention of "miss agnihotri " A smile who's brightness might cast shame to the brightness of the polestar flashed on Amaya's face and she instantly or maybe instinctively said "Bhavya babu".

Reyansh frowned removing his hands and sitting on the chair in front of her . He crossed his arms . Swinging his head in disapproval " Tinkerbell , I am gravely disappointed in you. " He said sadly

As soon as Reyansh sat in front of him reality snapped Amaya Bhavya babu isn't here. And as Reyansh sat there faking sadness but to Amaya it seemed he was really disappointed in her. All this chaos and sudden out burst of emotion made triggered a deep sense of melancholy inside of her. Amaya's green pupils diluted with fat tears rolling down her rosy cheeks she bursted into sobs.

Reyansh was genuinely a little upset that Amaya his oldest friend didn't recognised him and they did teased each other a number of times. But he was not at all expecting Amaya to cry.
He felt a deep sense of guilt and quickly rushed towards Amaya comforting her the best he could " Tinkerbell, I am so so sorry. I was just kidding. Please don't cry because of me Tinkerbell. "
His apology made Amaya cry even harder " Reyansh, I miss him. So, very much. It's been ages since I heard his voice or saw his eyes. I somehow spend the day pouring myself into work but at night I feel just so lonely and restless. I don't know what to do Reyansh. "

Reyansh calmed Amaya down conforming her again and again everything's alright. Amaya stopped crying and they both again got seated on their seats.
Reyansh looked concerned in Amaya's direction
"Tinkerbell, when are you planning on telling me about him? "

Amaya looked at him wiping her face with a handkerchief " Ryan, I just didn't got the right opportunity. I am so"

Reyansh cutted her and said
" It's alright Tinkerbell, better late than never. So, tell me I am all ears. "

Amaya smiled gently and started " So you see, I meet him 2 months back in Florence. His name is Bhavya Roy Chowdhury. But I prefer calling him Bhavya babu.. " Amaya narrated the whole incident by detail to Reyansh.

Finally Reyansh who was hearing everything carefully said
" It's gonna be alright Amaya. Distance is just a test of love. And if he doesn't comes back he wasn't meant to and after hearing this interesting love tale of yours and your Bhavya babu. I am positive he definitely will. "
Reyansh smiled reassuringly at Amaya. And suddenly his gaze shifted towards the parchment scattered all around the table. He was about to pick up a paper but before he could get a hold on it. Amaya snatched it smoothly
"Ryan, it's something personal between me an Bhavya babu. So please don't stick your nose in my letters. "

Reyansh said teasingly "looks like my little baby whom I had spoon fed is all grown up writing love letters and all"

Amaya smirked pinching reyansh " Senior don't you worry I have learnt this exquisite art of writing love letters from the master himself in all his glory Reyansh Chaturvedi. "

They both were pulling each other's legs for a while on love letters before Amaya abruptly asked
" Reyansh what do you think who wrote the first ever love letter? "

Reyansh frowned at her question and furrowed his eyebrows as if concentrating on a thought, trying remember something and suddenly smiled saying " Tinkerbell, the rumor has it that the first ever love letter was inadvertently "written" By two young lovers enjoying a picnic . After eating a juicy pomegranate , the man pressed his lips to a white cloth and noticed that an impression of his mouth remained. In a romantic gesture, he handed it to his lover saying
" WITH THE STAIN OF MY LIPS, I OFFICIALLY PASS MY LOVE TO YOU. "
The women was genuinely moved because he had out evidence of his love in print. "

--------------
Tulsipur, Roy chowdhury haveli
2 weeks later

Aniruddh was going through all the letters as he spotted a letter for Batuk. He was pretty curious as the letter was from France. And the envelope was also really stuffed.
He sighed and turned the envelope around the seal on the envelope was very aesthetic and detailed. He finally gave in to his urges and he decided to open the seal.

Just then Bondita entered his study . She observed that Pati babu is looking at a envelope very seriously.

Aniruddh spotted Bondita and asked her
" Bondita, do you know about someone in France who could send Batuk a letter? "

Bondita chuckled lightly seating beside Aniruddh
" Pati babu, Batuk isn't a young lad anymore he's a senior advocate in high court. This letter might be regarding his case or something. "

Aniruddh furrowed his eyebrows as he explained her
" Bondita, that's what I am saying out of the blues he moved to india from Florence, so he clearly didn't had the time to update his contact information . And if it is work related look at the seal and the envelope it doesn't looks formal at all. "

Bondita pouted and thought for a while and finally agreeing with Aniruddh.
"Hmmm! Barrister Aniruddh Roy Chowdhury you do have a valid point,
So? "

Aniruddh smirked and looked at Bondita
" Bondita, I think we should look who's letter is this. "

Bondita nodded and Aniruddh removed the seal skilfully. Bondita took the envelope as soon as he removed the seal. Bondita gently removed the envelope's content and kept the envelope on the table.

As soon as she unfolded the parchment a pleasing floral aroma invaded their nostrils. Inside of the parchment there were two photographs of a gorgeous young maiden. In one of the pictures she was decked up in sleek indian attire. The girl looked like a artistic masterpiece.

Aniruddh and Bondita both looked at each other , not really knowing what will be or should be there reaction or step

Just then Batuk entered Aniruddh's study . Batuk was exhausted from his day at Calcutta highcourt. Batuk checked his watch it was 9:48 pm almost 10 . He sighed as he entered. He looked up and saw his Big D and Boudi gazing at two photographs befuddled. He got curious about the subject of the polaroid pictures. He asked suddenly moving towards then" Boudi, Big D what are you looking at? You both look like demented souls" Batuk added giggling at his own joke.

__________________

Well sweethearts !That's it for today's update. What do you think is gonna happen now.
Will Bondita and Aniruddha confront Batuk about Amaya?

Stay tuned to find out.

P. S. You can go back to the chapter meet the characters I have updated it and added about Reyansh, Bondita and Aniruddha.

Love
Author
SWARNIM NARAYAN