PROMO 2

"Hey, baby! It's two in the morning and you're the only thought in my head, and I know that when I wake up at ten a.m., you'll still be the only thought I have. I miss you soooo0000000 much, please come back to me. I love yo..." Bhavya's voice slurred on the other side of telephone as I disconnected the call.

Since the day Bhavya and I broke up, one week and four days ago, he has called every night, every goddamn night, drunk. It saddened me to think that through all this time he's been drunk calling me, I'm the bad thought in the back of his mind. And even worst, he was the one to break me. I might have left first, but he was already out of that relationship long before I could even notice. He had no right to be sad or heartbroken. That right was only given to me, the one with a shattered heart and a broken mind.

"I think I might hate you" His voice started and by the way he talked, it was obvious he'd been drinking, just like in all the other calls. "You broke me. You left me and didn't even let me explain myself. I want only you and you. Maybe I don't deserve you. Maybe you're too good. I don't know, I'm talking so much shit and my head's all messed up right now.  Siddarth is trying to convince me to get into a girl's pants but I might punch him in the face because I love you so much. And I hate you. But, God, I love you" he giggled, "I think we should get married. Call me if you wanna get married. I can make us get married, y'know? I'm rich."

So, when I decided to dig up that bottle of whiskey on the top shelf all by myself, I knew that I was supposed to follow Bhavya's steps, as much as I didn't want to be that girlfriend that drunk calls, it was the only way I could face him. So hypocrite of me to say Bhavya's the coward when I'm doing just the same thing he is. I guess that's the thing loving relationships do to you.

After some glasses of alcohol, my mind was tipsy and love songs lyrics were being slurred by me. There I was, all alone at my old and small flat screaming
"Cause I can't make you love me if you don't
You can't make your heart feel something it won't
Here in the dark, in these final hours
I will lay down my heart and I'll feel the power
But you won't, no you won't
'Cause I can't make you love me, if you don't"

It was something around two-thirty in the morning and the fact that Bhavya still hadn't called me was strange. He would always call sometime around one and three in the morning. Maybe he forgot me. Maybe he decided to move on. Maybe I was never enough, just like I always imagined.

"Fuck you, Bhavya Roy Chowdhury!"

I couldn't find Bhavya anywhere it's been 2 weeks. Maybe he really is a coward. Perhaps he went back to India . He's now gonna find a bengali girl of which his uncle approves of and have a big fat bengali wedding.

I broke down on the floor, my head hanging on the wall behind me, and the bottle that was once filled with alcohol slowly ending, drop by drop. If I thought that drinking could help me to get out of the black hole that I was living, I was so wrong. While being sober I could distract myself, even if it's only for two minutes in an entire day. Drunk, there was nothing I could do. He was here, and he was there. He was on my couch and on the ground I was laying. He was on my walls, and worst, he was on my mind. He was stuck in my heart. Bhavya Was the nicotine, the air I was breathing.

I hate loving him. I hate he made me love him so much. But above all,I hate the fact that he can be the one to give me all the happiness and all the sadness. He could change my mood in a matter of seconds. I fucking hated the way he was able to control me, because I couldn't do the same with him.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Kisi Ki Yaad Mein
Shaamein Guzaarne Ke Liye
Kaleja Chahiye Khud Ko
Maarne Ke Liye

Ke Ghaat Maut Ke
Har Din Utarna Padta Hai
Yeh Ishq Dil Mein Meri Jaan
Utaarne Ke Liye"

Bhavya kept the glass of whiskey on the table beside him when he heard the familiar melody of a voice. He looked up and was greeted by ..........
But, what's she doing here it's his wedding?????

______________________________________

Who is she? And Bhavya's getting engaged to whom. And what the hell is happening with him disappearing.

Stay tuned to find out...

Love
Swarnim 😁