Fresh Start

"Miss Bailey, you need to wake up, your father would like to speak you in due course" Alice Baileys maid says sternly, tutting as she pulled her pillow on her head.

"Just five more minutes" Alice yawned, pulling the covers of her bed back over her ice cold body, only for her maid to pull them off with great force, Alice grunting angrily. She hated being woken up my maids, getting dressed by maids. She hates royal life, her father being a descendant of the king. In fact, she would do anything to escape royal life all together.

"Good morning sweetheart" Alice's father says, a disappointing look springing onto his face." At least look happy" he says,dismissing Harriet, Alice's maid.

"I am never going to be happy, you for one knows that" Alice says, taking a piece of toast of the never ending rack, her father taking a sip of orange juice that was placed in a golden goblet, expressing the richness.

"Well I have decided to send you to the outskirts of Birmingham, near a town called Small Heath. You will have your very own house and life how you want to" he says, a smile raising onto Alice's face.

"Are you being serious?" Sweetly nodded Alice, her father nodding his head. Running over to give her father a massive hug, Alice ran to her room to pack her belongings in her suitcases, ready to start a new life. Of course she has to hide her last name, so Alice Croft will be the new name she will live by, for now at least

Alice's horses were transported in the coming days along with her maid Harriet and Harriet's brother Morgan who was Alice's stable hand

Alice's horses were transported in the coming days along with her maid Harriet and Harriet's brother Morgan who was Alice's stable hand. Kicking her shoes off and taking out her blue ribboned bow, which made her brunette locks fall past her shoulders, Alice began to imagine her new life here in Birmingham.