The Meeting

After parking her car outside a sweet shop, Alice stepped out gracefully, walking onto the pebbled road where children played games whilst there parents watched on from a far. Alice was mesmerised at the small shops, taking a mental note that she was going to buy her clothes and food from these shops, to support local business, which she wanted to do with all her heart.

"Excuse me ma'am where can I get a drink round here?" Alice politely asked a flower girl, who was arranging flowers on a display. The women replied sweetly, pointing out The Garrison which was down the road. After thanking her politely, Alice made her way down the road, only to discover that The Garrison was indeed a pub, a smile brighting on her face almost immediately.

"Whisky please" she asks the man behind the bar, who looked her up and down, confusion written across his face.

"A well dressed lady like you doesn't seem to be one who drinks whisky" he says, pulling a glass from under the counter and placing it gently on top of it.

"My father as a fine taste for whisky, gave it to me once not knowing that I would become so fond of it" Alice laughs, the bartender pouring the whisky into the glass before taking the money form Alice's hands.

There conversation caught the attention of Polly Shelby, who took up a seat next to Alice,downing the last swig of wine left in her glass.

"You new around here?" Polly asks Alice, taking a sip of a new glass of red wine, in which she has always loved."Just moved to the outskirts of Birmingham, looks like this is my new local pub" Alice chuckled, taking a sip of her whisky.

"Polly Shelby" her companion holds out a hand for her to shake. "Alice Croft" Alice says sweetly, shaking her new friends hand gently.

"You should come round to mine for dinner when your free" Alice says, placing her empty glass onto the counter, catching the attention of Polly." Of course, I would love to" Polly says whilst Alice handed a piece of paper to her, the contents was her number." See you soon Pol" she says before walking back to her car and heading home.