Toga | Chpt 22

Hey bbgrills

I realize that camp is kinda Toga's first moment?? Same with Dabi, so them existing before and attacking UA to get to (y/n) doesn't make sense. We'll just pretend that they joined the League a hot second ago.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"What's going on?" Uraraka asked, glancing around. It was kind of smoky where we were and Tsu had been the first to sense it, as it made her kind of sick. I was feeling kind of weak as well, knowing that a lot of bugs really hated fire and smoke. I was nervous to bring Kutsu out in the event my little buddy got hurt.

"I think there a fire," Tsu said, glancing back the way we had come.

"Should we head back or go further away from some fire?" I asked.

"I think we might be surrounded," Uraraka said, glancing around. We had formed a small circle to protect each other's backs. I thought about Kirishima and Mina, Denki, Sero, and Sato. They were all in the camp building with Aizawa. I figured Aizawa was out by now and an announcement to protect ourselves proved that to be true.

(We're going to pretend like no one knows a certain someone is getting kidnapped right now)

"I say we head back to the camp building," Tsu said, "we might be better off there."

"Oh boy--"

We all turned to the 4th voice, a device exactly like the one that had cut me jutting out from the bushes. It skimmed Uraraka's arm and Tsu grabbed her, both of them standing behind me.

Toga...

"Not enough--" I grabbed the device, pulling her from the bushes. She tumbled forwards and out into the small clearing. She glanced up a glint in her eye. "Hi again."

It was all so quick, but she had managed to pull back on the needle, cutting my hand and sending me into the dirt. She launched at Ochako with a knife, subsequently pinning Tsu to a tree somehow, hanging by her hair. I struggled to get up, fingers shaking on the hand she managed to cut. My eyes caught Uraraka whipping her around to the ground and they wrestled slightly as I got to my feet.

Villains were here and I had a feeling I knew why.

"Toga!" I called, unable to hear the nasty things she was whispering to Uraraka as she knelt over her. Rustling in the bushes revealed Deku and 2 other students, clearly already been through a lot. Her head turned sharply to me. "Couldn't get me the first time."

She looked between me and Deku, an obvious conflict in her eyes. The first glimpse of Deku queued me into the fact she was interested in him for whatever reason. Her eye twitched slightly and she made a run for me as Tsu collapsed to the ground. She leapt at me and I almost caught her, but flew into the bushes before we crashed into the base of a tree. I let spiders out into the grass but she was unphased, letting them bite at her. She pinned me down and we fought as the others ran for our location.

It just seemed like we were getting farther and farther away. She pinned me down, knife ahead and a bewildered look on her face. Her grin revealed fangs and bits of hair hung in her face, wet with sweat and some blood.

"This isn't about you (y/n)," Toga hissed as I dodged her stab, the knife lodging into the ground. "I already got enough blood from you, we're not here for you--"

"Then who?!" I called, grasping her shoulders and kneeing her in the chest while she worked to pry the knife from the ground. She flipped up into the tree and groaned, falling over into the grass. I reached for her, but she caught me by slicing my arm. She clearly got the knife from the ground successfully and pinned me down to the ground again.