Sedated | Chpt 45

Hello!

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"You sure you don't need a ride?" Aizawa asked, walking me to the front door.

"I'm sure, I went alone last time," I reassured. I was heading back for a meeting with VIP. New Years had come and gone and there were just a few days left until people came back from their break. I had some free time and they were letting me come in to talk to the students again.

"Alright, well tell me when you get there, when you're leaving, and when you get back," he stated. I deadpanned, thinking that was a little excessive. I, of course, would never refuse checking in with him. After I had been replaced by Toga for more than a few hours, he was being hard on himself for missing it. I hadn't realized that fact until now, but it was pretty obvious that he was still being overly protective of where I went and what I did. He didn't want me to go missing for a few days ever again.

It was sweet of course, and it made my heart hurt to think about. It was just beyond nice that he cared so much about me, considering I wasn't exactly used to this level of care. So I would humor him for as long as I was living by texting him as soon as I possibly could, letting him know I was safe. Even if it did seem excessive.

"I will, thanks Aizawa."

"Let me know if anything comes up too," he called after me, as I had started out the door.

"I will."

I felt bad about the fact I was going to talk to Hibiki again. It was...not really the type of thing that I should keep from Aizawa, but I was meeting with him on VIP grounds so it wasn't like I was in danger. He worried a lot about my mental health as well as the other students. It made sense that he would at least for me, my mother had prompted him to really take care of me. That included how I was feeling. That's why I felt guilty about talking with Hibiki.

I had forgotten about my guilty conscience upon visiting each of the boys homes. Their families were sweet and it weakened my concerns with UA families not wanting me here. Now that I was back, I had seen a message from VIP asking me to come back and speak with him. Rather--he requested to speak to me. I was confused as to why he believed I could or would help him. It seemed fruitless to speak again, but I suppose I had been a little harsh last time. Maybe he was just scared, being in VIP and needed someone to talk with. I had to at least hear him out with more of an open mind.

I sat myself on a subway train and put on the headphones Mic had gifted me. I played some music, taking out my journal to write again. I had written a few sentences here and there while visiting Kirishima and Bakugo. I was using one of the colorful pens Aizawa had given me as well. I liked to be in contact with the gifts I had received, it was yet another new experience for me. I was wearing the necklace to match the boys. The candle from Bakugo was sitting in my room, waiting to be lit. I was washing the shirt from Kirishima as well, considering it smelled a little like the stuff they used in the printing press.

I'm headed for my second presentation with VIP. I think I have a better handle on what to do and it will go well. I'm talking with Hibiki again, this time with a little more patience. Something about him brings out a strange side of me...one that doesn't want to believe him. Maybe he's right, how would I know?

I'm considering whether or not I'll ask him about my mother. How would he know about my relation to her now, how we were getting along. I worry if I ask then he might change his attitude, not for the better.

I wrote a little while longer before getting off at my stop. As I suspected, the presentation was easier than before and the audience was a little more receptive. Some of them were the same, some were not. Yuna was there again, still not interested in what I had to say. She just chewed her gum and kept her mouth shut.