New Family | Chpt 30

Oof.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I had to talk to someone. I didn't want to talk to Mina because she was their friend too. I didn't want to put their lives on blast like that, it felt wrong. I was still having a hard time anyways, locked up in my room. I hadn't slept at all last night after catching Bakugo and Kirishima. What were they? What had just happened? I just got up and left the sleepover early so I wouldn't have to show my face to the group. It was a good call considering my eyes were red and puffy.

Somebody had knocked a few hours earlier, but I just pretended that I was not here. Mina had texted and asked where I had disappeared to. I made up a lie, that I had to go to the VIP counsel and I had just forgotten about it when I attended the sleepover. It made me feel guilty that I was lying to Mina, but it just felt wrong to say anything about Bakugo and Kirishima. I shouldn't have even followed them, it was my own karma.

I didn't think that I liked them that much. It was humiliating to feel this way, even when I was alone. I just kept sneaking to the bathroom to splash my face with cold water--as if it would help. I was in way deeper than I thought and it was wrecking me. I didn't even know I could feel this strongly about something. I guess I wasn't as aware of my emotions as I thought I was. I had figured the terror of my kidnapping was enough. Clearly, this was an entirely different thing.

After my solemn hours of sulking, I finally had the bright idea to see Aizawa. He had loosened the reins on our 'relationship' a little after I had made new friends in the class. Less often he would call me for lunch in his office and though he did provide little snacks and things for me it had devolved into just the transfer of VIP funds for me.

Aizawa would never stop bringing me sour gummy bugs since I had shown interest once before.

He was still the person that I reported to and would escort me to see my mother or talk with the VIP counsel. He was the person in charge, contracted vicariously by VIP to watch after me. He was not the warmest person at first glance, but I thought that he might be able to help. As embarrassing as this was, I had to at least talk to someone. Aizawa really could not care less about the high school drama between students and he would not utter a word about this to anyone if I asked. Even if I didn't ask, he most likely wouldn't say anything.

Of course, I realized too late that I would have to actually tell him what I was feeling in this situation. I had already knocked on his door. He opened it up, clearly just waking up to do so even though it was noon.

"(y/n), what is it?"

"Could I talk to you?" I asked and his eyebrows furrowed before nodding and letting me into his apartment. It was kind of weird, but it barely looked like anyone lived here anyways. He must not be in his apartment much.

"What's bothering you?"

"Assume it's something bothering me, huh?" I sighed.

"Well, your face is sort of red," he stated. I rubbed at my eyes subconsciously. Of course, I had already forgotten my eyes looked pitiful.

"This is...kind of weird," I said, avoiding his gaze as he sat next to me.

"I'm sure it's fine."

"I'm having...uh...well I don't know what to call it," I stated. Aizawa watched me carefully, without judgement. "Well, I've made friends obviously."

"Mmhmm."

"And I like some friends more than others."

"Like best friends?"

"Mmm, no Mina says that I've got crushes."

"Crushes. As in plural and as in you would like to date a friend?" Aizawa asked and I nodded. He let out a breath before letting me continued. "Okay...so..."