Friends? (ch. 2)

TW: gender dysphoria (basically every chapter there will be at least a mention of it)

At least 75 percent of the time spent in the class was the teacher introducing herself and going over expectations, rules, her syllabus, and other "important" things. It clearly isn't very important if no one remembers most of the things said. 

"For the last 15 minutes of class we are going to go around the room and each student will share their preferred name and something they like doing!" The teacher explained. 

George's last name started with a D so he was going to be one of the first people on the list. That was one of the bad things about having a last name at the beginning of the alphabet, he was always one of the first people the teacher called on for attendance and anything else that used an attendance list. Although sometimes its better if you just get it over with, like today the sooner it's his turn the sooner the worrying and stress is over.  

Speaking in front of the class or just out loud to lots of people has never been something he enjoyed. Most people would say the same thing, but for George it's especially hard. He is basically going through puberty again due to taking testosterone. Meaning he still gets voice cracks and sometimes his voice is higher than the average males voice because he wasn't biologically born a male. His higher, more feminine voice still comes out sometimes making it very embarrassing for him. Even though he had started testosterone almost 3 years ago he still has times where things would slip.

Multiple other students in the class went before George and said their names and something they enjoyed, although, George wasn't really paying attention to anything they were saying. It probably would've been a good idea to so he could know peoples names, but he was too distracted thinking about other things. 

Finally it was George's turn to share with the class, the teacher called his name and he immediately looked up at the teacher before starting to talk. "I go by George and I like playing video games," this was probably the most generic teenage boy hobby, but it was true. He really did like playing video games, Minecraft specifically. Often on the weekends he would play Minecraft with some of his friends from the UK for hours on end.

He then noticed one of the two kids that were whispering before start to talk, "I go by Dream and I like playing video games." The taller of the two said, he looked about six foot and had dirty blond hair. George couldn't tell much from the back of his head, and the times that he did turn around it was only for a split second so it was hard to catch any of his facial features.

Even from the back of his head George was already slowly falling for him. George could also tell that he was probably quite popular and definitely straight, but who knows, he could be wrong. He also probably has a girlfriend seeing how he could most likely pull any girl in the entire school. 

George's thoughts got interrupted once again by someone talking, it was the other kid this time. "I think you forgot my name." 

The teacher looked through her list and found him on there, noticing it wasn't marked yet. "Oh! Yes, sorry. You can go now." She apologized to him feeling bad she hadn't noticed sooner.

"I go by Sapnap and I also like video games." He stated, as the teacher marked something next to his name and then continued talking to the class.

The bell rang minutes after Sapnap had shared and everyone grabbed their bags before walking out of the classroom, leaving the teacher by herself until the next class came in. 

They had about 10 minutes to get to their next classes, so George took his time finding his class. In fact he took too long, because by the time he found it there were no seats in the back row left, meaning he had to sit in the front row.

By the time he sat down there was about 30 seconds until the tardy bell rang. After he had set down his backpack on the floor and slumped into his chair someone else walked into the class and sat in the chair next to him. It was Dream, he was probably only sitting there was because it was the only open seat left and he had no other choice. This worried George, he didn't know him and didn't know if he was nice.

The rest of the class was boring and similar to his last. All they did was listen to the teacher ramble on about anything and everything, he seemed like a pretty nice guy though.

For his third class, he was in a class with Sapnap and honestly, he didn't look like he was the nicest person, but looks can be deceiving. Dream didn't look all that nice either but still nicer than Sapnap. George ended up sitting across the room from Sapnap to avoid any conflicts in the case of him not being the kindest person. This didn't last long though because soon the teacher would reveal his master plan. (This sounds like some evil mega mind shit lmao.)

After the tardy bell rang the teacher started talking, "Hello class! I'm Mr. Carter and I will be your teacher for the rest of this year, hopefully." He rambled on, "We will have a seating chart. I don't care that you're in high school and no, you don't get to choose who you sit by."

George silently groaned at the thought of having to sit next to someone assigned by the teacher for the rest for the year. It could be some mean person and he would have to sit through this class on a daily basis. But it also could be an opportunity to make a new friend, who knows. 

"I randomly picked your partners... except some students." Mr. Carter glanced at Sapnap after saying the last part and continued on. "I will also not be moving seats for any reason! So, lets get started." 

As the teacher started assigning students to the tables George picked up his backpack off the dirty school floor and stood up walking to the side of the room as he waited for his name to be called. 

A/N

word count: 1069 (that was not on purpose but its funny now)

Cliff hanger kinda, I didn't realize that kinda isn't a real word until now, interesting. Thanks for reading if you are btw :)). Uhm I'm trying to think if there's anything else I wanna say, uhhhh I think I'll post this tomorrow the 22nd, depending on how much time I have to go through and reread this. Also I haven't been able to write much on weekdays so that's why I haven't posted another part. That's all bye! have a good morning/day/night!!

1/21/22 10:08 pm