I'm Fine (ch. 26)

TW's: dysphoria

3rd Person

George and Dream had their next class together too, which was a computer science class. Sapnap also had this class but it was in a different period. The teacher was pretty relaxed and didn't mind what they spent their time doing as long as they did all of their assignments.

George usually spent the class working on assignments, coding something random for fun, or doing homework for other classes while Dream talked about random things and sometimes did the classwork. Today was no different than most others. "Can we like... go somewhere after school? I'm going to be bored," Dream complained.

"I have to do homework since I'm going to your game tonight, you should too."

"I don't want to." Homework was boring and Dream would rather do something fun when he wasn't at school.

"How about we go to a coffee shop where it's quiet and we can both do our homework?" George suggested. This didn't seem to change Dream's mind on doing homework at all. "I'll help you with your homework too." George was trying his best to convince Dream to do homework, which was a difficult task to complete.

Dream complied, "Fine." George smiled at Dream's answer, he had convinced Dream to do schoolwork outside of school. "But only because you're handsome," Dream spoke quietly, ensuring that only George could hear what he had said. It was still a win in George's book.

"What helps you focus the most?"

"Music and late at night." The only time Dream did schoolwork outside of school was at night, that was one of the few times he could focus enough.

"Did you bring headphones?"

"Yeah, they're in my car." He always kept a pair in his car just in case. It seemed like he was always losing them, no matter how hard he tried not to.

George hummed in response and Dream pulled his phone out of his pocket, swiping up on the lock screen and then clicking the green 'messages' icon. He opened up his sister's contact and typed out a quick message to ask if she could drive his other 2 siblings home that day.

It didn't take long for her to reply, texting Dream back to let him know it was fine.

***

After school, George met up with his brothers to let them know where he was going before making his way back to Dream's side. Dream was swinging his car keys around his finger as they walked the short distance to his car.

George enjoyed the smell of Dream's car, he always had some type of air freshener hanging from the rearview mirror. Dream's car was also much cleaner than he would expect it to be, just going off of Dream's room and how Dream describes his mind and thought processes.

"Do you know where any cafe is?" Dream asked, starting the car at the same time. It was a dumb question, seeing as George had only lived in Florida for a few months.

George shook his head, he had only gone to one or two cafes since living in Florida and didn't know the names or how to get to them.

Dream, once again, pulled out his phone. This time it was to look for a cafe nearby where they could hang out and do homework. The car was silent as Dream searched through the options but neither of them minded, it was kind of nice after a long day of school.

"Wait..." Dream paused his search and powered off his phone, setting it down on the center console and moving his gaze to George. "You need to take your binder off. How about we stop at my house to change and then we do our homework in the car? We don't have enough time to go anywhere else."