No, You Told Me (ch. 13)

TW's: slight dysphoria

George POV

I'm just going to have to be a supportive friend, I told myself. "You should ask them out on a date."

"No, I can't. I'm pretty sure they don't like me and then it would just be really awkward and I also don't even know what to say," he stammered.

"Well, if you don't ask, you'll never know." I really should take my own advice.

"True but I don't know what to say."

"Just say like 'Hey, whatever your name is, will you go on a date with me?"

"Hey, whatever your name is, will you go on a date with me?"

"Yeah, like that just say their name and say it to them."

"Like right now?"

"If you want."

Dream looked nervous as he kept his eyes on me. "I have a question for you."

I raised my eyebrow, confused on why he wasn't just asking the question.

"Hey George, will you go on a date with me?"

I smiled softly at him, "Yes, like that. Now tell the person you like."

"I just did," he smiled at me nervously.

"No, you told me."

"Yeah, I like you, George."

I bit back an even larger smile, not believing what Dream was saying, "Are you lying?"

Dream quickly shook his head before I lunged forward to hug him, causing him to fall backward onto his bed. "I like you too."

He hugged me back with a huge grin on his face. "So, will you go on a date with me?"

"Yes," I laughed out.

"Does Saturday work?"

"Yeah."

"Perfect, I'll pick you up on Saturday then."

I nodded my head before finally being hit with reality. I'm transgender... He doesn't know yet, what if he asks me to be his boyfriend or something? What if he finds out before I tell him and he doesn't like me anymore? What if-

I stopped myself, realizing I was getting nowhere and only freaking myself out. Instead taking a proactive approach, "I'm not really ready for any type of relationship yet, and I'm not sure when I will be."

"That's fine."

"Wait... but you described someone else."

He just laughed, "I described you."

I thought back to what Dream said, "They have brown fluffy hair that looks so soft, an amazing smile, and a laugh that makes me smile every time and they have pretty brown eyes that look amazing on them." Slowly realizing that Dream was describing him and that he was too focused on how Dream couldn't ever like him that he didn't realize he was the one Dream liked.

"You think that?"

"Of course."

I smiled even more if that was even possible, melting into the arms around me.

Dream pulled away from the hug and his green eyes met my brown eyes, "Can I kiss you?"

I closed my eyes and leaned to kiss Dream in an instant, our lips slotting perfectly together as Dream cupped my face. We kept kissing for a little bit before I rolled onto my back pulling Dream with me. He propped himself up with his forearms resting at my sides, leaning out of the kiss to breathe while maintaining eye contact.