Italics (ch. 15)

TW's: unsafe binding

3rd Person

The two boys walked through the crowded school hallway next to each other, talking to one another. "She's so annoying," Dream complained about his mom to George.

George smiled at him and shook his head, "You sound like a whining baby."

Dream's wheeze was loud, able to be heard over all of the people talking throughout the hallways of the school. "What do you want to do? We have like... 10 minutes until we need to be in class."

George shrugged his shoulders as they stopped in the hallway and leaned against a wall out of most peoples' way.

Some random girl walked towards both of them, smiling at Dream and paying no attention to George. She looked nervous as she approached the two but never took her eyes off Dream. "Hi Dream, I'm Abby. I'm in your math class. I was wondering if you'd go on a date with me?" She sounded even more nervous than she looked. Her voice was shaking despite how much she tried to hide it.

George turned his head toward Dream, awaiting his response to the girl. George wanted to butt in and tell her to fuck off but he knew he couldn't, ultimately it was Dream's. Nothing was official between them and Dream wasn't out to anyone at school so telling her wouldn't end well.

Dream seemed at a loss for words, trying to come up with a nice way to tell the poor girl no. "Uh- no, sorry. I uh- no. Sorry," he stuttered out, apologizing more than needed and taking quick glances at George as he spoke.

George smiled internally, feeling slightly bad for the girl but not minding too much.

"Oh okay," she spoke quietly before walking off into the sea of students.

The rest of their passing period was spent chatting and walking into their computer science class. As usual, they sat next to each other at a desk. As soon as George sat down, his head rested on the desk in his arms, he had gone to bed late the night before and was just now beginning to feel the effects of not getting enough sleep.

Dream glanced at George and picked his head up, gently resting it on his shoulder. George shuffled around slightly, trying to find a comfortable position to lie while Dream did his best not to get distracted by the beautiful man half asleep on his shoulder. It was quite difficult, not only was he attractive but the class wasn't the most interesting one either and currently they were expected to listen to the teacher go on and on about the same things.

George was fighting to keep his eyes open while the teacher taught, knowing that Dream wasn't very reliable when it came to remembering anything about the class. He was often either spaced out, doodling, on his phone, or doing some other assignment for another class. Even during the rare times he was paying attention, it usually went in one ear and right out the other and this was probably going to be one of those days.

As George did his best to battle sleep, his whole body flinched and he swore internally when he felt sharp shooting pains in his chest and sides, it had been a while since the last time he had felt that. It was his fault and he knew it, he had slept with his binder on, he had not taken a binder break, and he had chosen to wear his binder for at least 26 hours by now.

There wasn't much he could do to help at this point, he was at school and there was no way he would take his binder off during school. He could probably hide his chest with the large sweatshirt he was wearing that he had found in Dream's closet earlier that morning but he didn't like the thought of wearing nothing but a t-shirt and hoodie at school. It was uncomfortable and too many things could go wrong. His only other options were to either go home or tough it out for the rest of the day.

George knew his mother would understand and let him go home if he called her and explained but he decided it wasn't bad enough yet and that attending his classes was more important, at least in his mind, even if others would disagree. He also knew that if he went home, his mom would scold him for wearing it for as long as he did, as well as overnight. She wouldn't mean it in a bad way, just in a worried parent type of way, always wanting to keep her children safe.

"You okay?" Dream whispered to him. George could feel Dream's breath gently shift a few strands of his hair on the top of his head as Dream exhaled.

"Yeah, I uhm- my-" he was interrupted by yet another sharp pain in his chest, "Fuck I just- shooting pains in my uh back," he struggled out, trying to focus on what he was saying but being interrupted by even more pains, making it difficult to focus on the words coming out of his mouth.

Dream raised an eyebrow at George, worried for his "friend," deciding to drop the topic even though it was clear that George was not okay like he had said. Dream rubbed up and down George's back in an attempt to comfort him, unsure of what he should be doing in a situation like this.

It didn't take long for the pain to become unbearable for George. He lifted his arm into the air and waited for the teacher to call on him. The teacher called on him and George asked if he could go to the bathroom, to which he said yes.

George stood up quickly and grabbed a hall pass before leaving the room and walking to the bathroom. Luckily the bathroom wasn't far from the classroom, just a few doors down the hall.

The bathroom was empty when he got there and he walked into one of the small stalls, closing and locking the door behind him. He leaned against the door, closing his eyes as his mind raced from one thought to another in a matter of seconds. He was beyond tired and in a lot of pain at this point.

He scrunched his face as the pain got worse and he began to stretch his arms and shoulders to possibly relieve some of the pain. He took a few deep breaths to make sure he could still breathe properly and stretched for a little bit longer.

He didn't want to miss too much of the class and decided he should probably head back to his class now that the pain was more manageable.

A/N

Word count: 1130

I've been so busy this week, it's been crazy. Tomorrow (the day this is posted) and the next day I'm selling crochet animals I made at this festival/market in the city I live in and I've been trying to make everything for that and do all the last minute stuff tonight. I also put off writing this until today when I knew I was really busy for some reason. Follow and vote pleaseeee! 
I couldn't think of a good chapter name for this one.

9/22/23 8:42 pm