George :] (ch. 7)

George POV

By the end of the school day Dream and I still hadn't figured out the plan for after school and we were currently walking out of the school talking. After a bit of talking we decided on Dream coming over to my house to work on the project. "My brothers drive me to school so I have to ask them if you can come over but I bet they'll say yes, if you're ok with that," I informed Dream, making sure he was on board with the plan.

Dream took a few seconds to think, "Yeah, that's fine."

I nodded my head, "I'll be right back, I'm gonna go ask them." I started making my way towards my brother's car before Dream stopped me.

"Wait, first can I get your number so we can like text you know for like the uh project?" He asked me. I smiled a little bit, listening to him stumble over his words. He seemed really awkward about it which is cute. 

"Yeah! Yeah sure," I tried to be as calm as possible answering his question. I was internally freaking the fuck out. The boy that I liked asked me for my number. I did my best to calm down knowing he was probably just asking in a friendly way but my brain was overthinking the way he asked me and making me think he liked me. Which couldn't be possible. 

Dream handed me his phone with the contacts app already open on a new contact. I typed in my phone number and debated whether it would be weird to put a heart next to my name. I didn't want to take too long so I just decided against the heart and instead put a :]. I handed the phone back to Dream and I watched him smile as he read the contact name.

Before I spent too long staring at Dream I decided I should probably go and ask my brother if they could give Dream a ride home with us. As I walked over to his car I thought about the fact that I just got Dream's number. Of course it was in a friendly way but still! 

Once I made it over to the car I knocked on the window, "Jackson!" He quickly whipped his head around to look at me and rolled down the window. "What?"

"I have a question," I answered even though it was unnecessary and pointless. 

Before I could even ask him he spoke, "First I have a question for you." I looked at him confused, I didn't know what question he needed answered right now. "Since when did the popular football boys at school ask for your number?" 

Is this really what he wanted an answer to right now? "Since now, he's my friend," I wasn't exactly sure if we're even friends but there was really no other way of answering. 

I asked what I was originally going to ask, "Can you drive my friend to our house we need to work on a project." 

He said he was fine with it so I made my way back over to Dream to let him know. "He said it was fine." Dream nodded his head at me and we made our way back over to my brothers car. Dream sat next to me in the backseat while both of my brothers sat in the front seats as always. 

I decided I should probably introduce my brothers to Dream and Dream to my brothers, "Dream this is my brother Jackson and my other brother Jason. Jackson and Jason this is Dream, my friend." 

They all said hi to each other and then Jackson drove us all back to our house. Once we were at my house Dream and I walked inside, taking our shoes off in the entryway before walking into the kitchen to let my mom know I was home.

"I brought my friend over, we have a group project to work on," I explained to my mom hoping no other questions would be asked. Luckily for me she just nodded her head at me to let me know she heard. "This is Dream by the way."

Dream greeted her, "Hello." 

"Hi, nice to meet you," my mom responded a little too enthusiastically for my liking.

Dream, of course being polite responded with, "Nice to meet you too." If he's going to be this polite we'll be standing here for hours talking with my mom.

"We're going to go work on the project now. Bye." I interrupted their conversation before it got too awkward. We also really did need to work on the project. 

I pulled Dream upstairs with me and into my room, not even thinking twice about what could be in there right now. I sat down on my neatly made bed and watched as Dream sat down right in front of me. I watched as he studied one of the walls in my room, looking at everything that had been scattered across the desk as well. 

I waited for a few minutes before speaking up, "That's my family by the way." There was a slightly awkward pause, probably because I'm an awkward person and what I said was pretty obvious.

"Are your brothers twins?"

I forgot that I didn't mention that, I've lived with them my whole life and it's become something I don't even think to mention when talking about my siblings. "Yeah, they're identical twins. They're seniors this year."

"I have a sister that's a senior too."

I just nodded my head at the new information. There was a silence after that, nobody really knowing what to say. 

As I tried to think about anything I could say to break the silence I realized just how much my binder was beginning to hurt. It felt like it was restricting my airflow and squeezing me. I knew I had been wearing it for probably almost 9 hours but there's no way I could take it off while Dream is here. I thought through different possible solutions before I decided to just say I had to go to the bathroom and then figure something out. 

"I'm going to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." I got up from my bed and walked to the bathroom before shutting the door behind me. I did my best to stretch out my back, knowing that sometimes that helps. It helped a little bit but I could still feel it digging into my sides. I stood there for a few seconds not knowing what to do before finally deciding that I didn't really have any other options. I would just have to try and tough it out for the rest of the day.

I flushed the toilet and washed my hands to not raise any suspicion from the blond haired boy in the other room. As I walked back into my bedroom I noticed Dream staring at something on my wall, I had forgotten it was there until now. I panicked for a few seconds and looked at Dream.

A/N

word count: 1168

I forgot about this book so sorry about that!! I wrote most of this like 3 and a half months ago and forgot about this so if the writing changes at the very end and its weird then that's why. Thank you for 1.4k views and so many votes, I appreciate it a lot!

10/17/22 8:18pm