...Trans (ch. 22)

TW's: gender dysphoria, mentions of needles/shots, unsafe binding

3rd Person

George's eyes shut and he took a deep breath before trying one last time to tell Dream, "I'm transgender." George's breathing and heartbeat sped up immediately. He wanted to run away, hide from Dream and the world for the rest of his life.

George could feel Dream's arms tighten around his body and he wasn't sure what to do. Should he just sit there? Keep talking? Run away? Cry? He didn't know. Maybe Dream was just being nice to him and he doesn't actually want to date him anymore. Maybe he wanted to stay as friends now that he knew. Things would definitely be different with the new knowledge and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing.

"George," Dream started, his voice slightly muffled due to his face hiding in George's soft brown hair.

George hummed and he could feel tears starting to well up in his eyes, the ones Dream loved to stare at. He blinked rapidly in an attempt to get the tears to disappear. He couldn't tell if Dream's response was positive or negative yet and he was becoming more and more anxious every second.

He began to think about his plan if Dream had a negative reaction but he didn't have to think for long. "That doesn't change anything between us, I still want you to be my boyfriend." Dream was being careful with his words, knowing that George was being vulnerable and that he was overly stressed and anxious at the moment. He didn't want to accidentally say something that would mess everything up between them.

George's voice was shaky when he spoke again, "Thank you." Dream's reaction was better than he had expected and it was at this moment that he knew he made the right choice in telling Dream.

Dream's mind went back to some small moments in their friendship that didn't make much sense at the time but did now. Like George knowing what a binder was, how anxious and insecure he always was, why he didn't want to be in a relationship until after he told Dream, why he didn't want Dream to touch him in most places, why George and Alex connected so easily, why George didn't want to go swimming, the list goes on.

"A lot of things make more sense now," Dream observed, out loud this time.

George nodded his head in response.

"What are your pronouns?" Dream realized he hadn't asked George yet and wanted to make sure he wasn't using the wrong pronouns for George.

"He/him."

Dream nodded his head. "Just so you know, I don't see you any differently now."

George smiled at that, he was nervous Dream wouldn't act the same after he told him, so he was glad that wasn't the case. "Thank you."

"Would you be willing to teach me more about it? I know some stuff but I know it's different for everyone and I want to be able to understand and help you."

"It might take a while for me to explain everything." George didn't want to bore Dream too much but also didn't know how to explain it quickly. He would love to teach Dream about it, even if he felt slightly uncomfortable talking about it.

"I have a lot of time tonight. If you want." Dream didn't want to pressure George into talking about something he didn't want to talk about, so he gave George an out if he wanted.

Dream frowned as George slowly moved out of his arms and sat up on the bed facing Dream, he missed the physical contact, it was comforting. Dream followed not long after anyway, sitting up with his back against the headboard of his bed. George's eyes stayed focused on his hands that were resting in his lap as he prepared his speech. He felt like he was presenting a project in front of hundreds of students with how much anxiety he was feeling.