Thinking About You (Lance x Ceris)

Request for Rockythewolf588

Lance paced around the room in circles. Calm and collected, calm and collected, calm and collected...

Lance growled in frustration and pressed his forehead against the wall. Why was he so worried? Ceris was coming to see how things were coming along on the Outer Islands, no big deal.

Except to Lance, it was a big deal. Ceris was the End Matriarch and one of the most powerful figures in the End. She was a brave, strong leader and everyone wanted to be in her good graces.

However, for Lance, he felt more that he wanted to impress Ceris. Honestly, she was an amazing, beautiful woman in his eyes and he didn't know why, but he wanted to make sure he was the one she thought the highest about.

He groaned. What is wrong with me?

An Enderman entered the room. "Your Lordship, Ceris is waiting for you outside."

"Ah!" Lance jumped. "Already?! Is she early?"

The Enderman gave Lance a strange look. "No...she's right on time."

Lance nodded. "Right, right," He took a deep breath and swept his bangs out of his eyes. "I'm coming, then."

The Enderman turned and left. Lance took several deep breaths before following him out.

Ceris was waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs.  "Hello, Lance. Did you prehaps forget I was coming?"

Lance chuckled nervously. "Oh, I didn't forget. I was just...pre-occupied! I apologize."

Ceris gave him a skeptical look." Uh-huh...anyway! How about we take a look around?"

As they walked, Lance did his best to focus on the tasks at hand, but he was having a hard time focusing. Ceris kept glancing at him and asking him off-hand questions to make sure he was paying attention, each one he could luckily answer.

At the end of their walk-around, Ceris turned to him. "Lance, I was just wondering...are you alright? You don't seem as...focused as you usually do."

Lance froze up inside. She was onto him! He quickled answered, "I'm fine. I just, um, haven't been sleeping very well lately."

"I see," she set him with a serious look. "Well, try to rest up, because there is an important event on the Main Island next week and all leaders are required to attend."

Lance blinked. He had almost forgotten about that. "Of course."

Ceris nodded. "Right," she started to walk away, then turned to look at him. "I hope we'll be able to talk sometime there." And with that, she teleported off.

Lance stood, rooted to the spot, staring into space. His Ender Frog teleported into his arms and looked at him.

"What?" Lance asked and the frog made a face. "Oh, don't look at me like that. I doubt she'll think too much about me."

The frog coaked and Lance stared at him. "Well, that's extremely assumptious!" he exclaimed, blushing furiously. "I'm am totally NOT in love with the End Matriarch Ceris. Do you realize how insane that statement is?!"

The frog croaked again and looked at him. Lance sighed and shook his head. "I'm not in love with Ceris." he said, turning and walking away.

Or am I?

Leave a comment for part two!