Why Do I Care? (Lanris)

Requested by Rockythewolf588

<>

"Jealousy is love in competition" --Toba Beta

<>

Ceris looked up from her papers. The yearly End-wide meeting was in full swing and everyone was busy talking and suggesting ideas. Her eyes scanned the room and she stopped when she caught sight of Lance. 

He was listening to a young woman with dark blue-violet hair. He made some comment and the woman burst out laughing and leaned against his chair. Lance chuckled slightly then looked over, his gaze meeting Ceris'.

She blinked and quickly looked away. For the past two days she had seen Lance talking to this strange woman. She didn't understand why it made her mad, but she didn't like how much he was talking to her. 

She groaned and rubbed a hand over her forehead. She was getting more and more annoyed about the strange girl. I don't understand, she thought. I don't even like Lance. Why do I care if he's flirting with some violet-haired chick?

Vordus came over. "Ceris, are you alright? You look annoyed."

"HMM? Oh, nothing," she ran her hand through her hair. "I'm fine."

Vordus nodded slowly then followed her gaze over to Lance. He saw him talking to the woman and Vordus nodded. "OH. Now I get it."

Ceris looked up with a threatening look. "What? What do you mean, 'Now I get it'?"

Vordus turned to her. "You're jealous, aren't you?"

"WHAT? No, I'm not!"

Vordus crossed his arms and gave her a look. "Yes, you are. You're jealous because Lance is talking to the blue-violet lady and paying a bunch of attention to her. I've seen how you look when you and Lance are talking Ceris."

Ceris growled and turned away because Vordus was right.

"Look, why don't you just tell him how you feel?"

Ceris stared at Vordus. "Are you CRAZY?! Vordus, I think you've lost it. Why-how could I do that?"

Vordus held up his hands in surrender. "Look, I don't know. Ima go make sure Zeganirn didn't get stuck on one of the air ships again." And he walked away.

<>

Lance looked past Starla to see that Ceris had gotten out of her seat and was no where to be found. He felt a pang of disappointment and for a moment he thought of going to look for her...

"Lance?" Starla's voice broke into his thoughts. "Are you listening?" 

"Yes," he blinked. "Um...do you know where Ceris went?"

Starla shrugged. "I have no idea. I need to go to the bathroom, though. I'll be back in a minute."

She walked away. Lance thought for a moment and then caught a glimps of pink-purple hair. He quickly made his way through the crowd. "Ceris!"

She turned to him in surprise. "Lance! Why are you over here?"

He stopped. "Huh? What's that supposed to mean?"

Ceris crossed her arms. "I said, 'why are you over here'? You've been too busy to talk to me much. Did your violet-haired chick up and leave or something?"

"What?" Lance thought a minute. "You mean Starla?"

Ceris uncrossed then crossed her arms again. "Yeah. Her."

"Ceris...are you jealous that I've been talking to Starla so much?"

She blinked rapidly and looked away from him. "What? No, I'm not. I was just curious."

"I think you're jealous," Lance said with a sly grin on his face. "Because I haven't been paying enough attention to you." He stepped over to her and wrapped his arms around her and pulled her so that her body was pressed against his.

"Lance--" she glared at him. "What are you doing?"

"I'm paying attention to you," he crooned. "So that you don't get jealous of one of my childhood friends."

He could see a brush of pink appear on her neck and he gently pulled her mask down to reveal her blushing face.

"Lance..." she said quietly. "We are in a massive crowd of people."

"So?" he asked, his nose touching her's. "I think I ought to tell you this before Starla comes looking for me...I love you, Ceris. You and no one else."

She blushed even more and before she could reply, he pressed his lips against her's.

<>

Starla looked around. She quickly caught sight of Lance and gasped when she saw that he was kissing Ceris. Starla forced down a squeel and she hurried off to find Vordus.

"Vordus!" she exclaimed. "It worked! Lance finally admitted his feelings to her!"

Vordus nodded. "I knew he would. Thanks for your help, Starla."

"Wait, you made Ceris jealous on purpose?" Zeg asked. 

Starla nodded. "Yup! And it worked perfectly! Okay, I'm going to go get something to eat now. I'm starving!"

A/N: This is about 750 words long...wow.

Thank you Rockythewolf588 for requesting this!

Leave more requests!