I'll Save You

Once again, I will get the request list done! This was just an idea inspired by a friend that I wanted to do.

<>

Ceris couldn't believe it. She never thought the End would fall to such a primitive force, the Nether. She lay flat on her back, Naeus' foot on her. She was too weak to teleport, too weak to move...

Naeus glared down at her. "Give it up, Ceris. You've lost and will not recover from this."

She opened her mouth to reply when a rumbling sounded. Both stared in shock as a small portal rose out of the ground, and from it emerged someone Ceris never thought she'd see again, backed by several hundred beings she couldn't name of identify. Naeus' jaw dropped and they both exclaimed "Lance?!" Is the same moment.

Lance spun his karambits dramatically, but he had a concerned look on his face. "Well, I showed up at a great time, didn't I?"

"Lance! How are you here? I freaking banished you!" Ceros tried to get up, but Naeus pushed her back down again.

"The Nether has messed with the portal systems. Speaking of," Lance took a step forward with a dark look in his eyes. "We can either settle this nicely or I can release full force on you."

For a split second Ceris thought he was talking to her but he was looking directly at Naeus, who just laughed. "Sure. I'm about to defeat the End and you decide to show up with a little makeshift army trying to take me down. Very funny, Lance. If you want to achieve your goal, you are choosing the wrong side."

Lance shook his head. "No. I determined to bring the Nether down to show my worth to the End. And maybe to start, I'll kill you and your sad force. Now behold, my true strength!"

A horrible screeching filled the air and a beast Ceris had never seen before slid through the portal. It was bigger than an Ender Dragon and seemed to be made of shadows alone (A/N: Shadow Wrath's from my AU :D). It let out a horrible roar and charged across the battlefield with the rest of Lance's forces. Naeus met Lance's eyes again, somewhat horror struck.

Lance spun his weapons. "Now, are you going to let Ceris go or...?"

Naeus growled. "Never."

Lance shrugged. "Okay then."

He dashed forward with a burst of speed, kicking Naeus in the gut. Lance was never know for his physical strength, so his kick only caused the skeleton to stumble off Ceris, but it gave her a chance to roll onto all fours.

Lance spun, throwing a karambit and yelling, "Ceris, you need to get out of here!"

Lance's P.O.V.

It's like I'm watching things happen in slow motion. Naeus' next moves. The battle behind us. Ceris is moving slow. Unbelievably slow. She's so injured she can't walk, so instead she is crawling on all fours, just trying to get away.

Naeus' spear goes flying at me and I spin to the side. I need to figure something out fast because with this guy's physical strength, I won't last too long. The one thing I'm mostly worried about is getting Ceris out of here, before she takes another hit and...you know what? Time to stop thinking, Lance, and start doing.

I let out a long whistle, summoning my Shadow Wrath over. I direct it to Naeus, knowing even if it doesn't kill him, it will keep him busy. I have to resist the urge to laugh because that lump of bone looks traumatized. Anyway, I need to get Ceris out of here.

Ceris' P.O.V.

My attempts at crawling away are failing. I have nowhere to go and the little strength I have left is leaving me. I hear another roar and a scream from where Lance and Naeus are battling. I force myself to look over my shoulder and find Lance running towards me, his shadow monster attacking Naeus.

Lance slides onto the ground next to me, catching me as I pitch forward, my arms betraying me. "I need to get you out of here!"

I swallow hard. "Lance, it's no use. I can't go anywhere."

"I'll have to carry you."

I can't help but laugh. "You couldn't lift me if you tried."

I feel his arms slide underneath me and he slowly lifts me off the ground. "It's also been proven that people are lighter when weak."

I stare at him and grip his coat in alarm as he makes a dash for his portal. Naeus notices just before we go through and I hear him yell, "THIS ISN'T OVER CERIS! I WILL FIND YOU AND KILL YOU!!!"

I shudder and wrap my arms around Lance's neck as he takes me through the portal. His face is the last thing I see before my vision goes black.

A/N: HEYO, who wants to see part 2?