Someone Else (Ciara x Kane)

Requested by Your_Friend_Gimmy

<>

"But the right thing...was admitting that I couldn't possibly fully love her if my heart beat faster for someone else"—Penelope Ward

<>

Rain, Stella, Ciara, Patrick, Azura, and Daryll sat in a circle on the living room floor, playing  Poison or Torture—or in more familiar terms, truth or dare.

Gimmy and Echo exchanged glances.

"Okay," Gimmy turned to Ciara. "Ciara, dare."

She groaned. "Oh no."

Gimmy grinned. "I dare you to kiss Rain."

Ciara fell silent and looked around at the group. "Actually, I really, really don't want to do that."

"Why not?" Echo asked, tilting her head slightly.

Ciara sighed. "Because my heart belongs to someone else."

Azura nodded understandingly and Stella bounced. "Who is it?"

"Why is all the attention on me?" Ciara exclaimed. "Ask someone else stuff."

"Well, you refused my dare, so truth," Gimmy nodded. "Who do you like?"

Ciara sighed again. "Kane. My heart belongs to Kane. Are you happy?"

She watched as Daryll was dared to stand on his head for five minutes before Gimmy turned back to her. "Okay, I thought of a new dare. I dare you to find Kane, reveal your feelings to him, and kiss him."

Ciara stared at Gimmy in horror. "What? That's crazy?"

Echo nodded. "Also, Gimmy and I planned this. You are excused from the truth or dare for a week if you go do it."

Ciara glared at them. "Fine," she got to her feet. "I'm going, but you guys better not spy on me."

As soon as she was gone, Echo turned to Gimmy. "We're totally going to spy on her, aren't we?"

Gimmy nodded. "Oh, heck yeah."

In the meantime, Ciara had scoured Dreadfort and had found Kane out in the gardens, leaning against one of the walls.

She swallowed and turned nervously to him. "Kane, there is something I need to tell you."

He looked at her fondly and nodded. "Sure. What's up?"

She swallowed again and began playing with her fingers. "Um, I need to confess something."

"Okay...?"

She took a deep breath. "KANEIHAVEACRUSHONYOUIDONTKNOWHOWELSETOSAYTHISAAAAHHH!"

Kane took a step back and stared at her. "I—I didn't catch a single word of that."

"I said, 'I have a crush on you, I don't know how else to say this." She quickly blushed as soon as she realized how blatantly she had said that.

Kane blinked several times and then a slow grin appeared on his face. "Well, that was a different way of saying that. Also, why didn't you tell me this sooner? I've been crushing on you for ages!"

"You-you have?!"

He nodded. "Ciara, I loved wince the minute you stormed into my tavern and demanded a beer while you ranted about your horrible father."

Ciara chuckled and took his hands in hers, standing on the tips of her toes. "You're too tall for this."

He smiled and bent closer to her. She pressed her lips onto his.

Meanwhile, in the bushes, Echo and Gimmy were casually dying from the fandom.

A/N: It took me forever to find a good, inspirational quote for the top today that actually worked with the oneshot.

Leave me more requests!