Frustration (Pazura)

A/N: This is another modern AU. Request for jessejamtart

"Work, you frustrating piece of machinery!" 

Patrick slammed his hand on the keyboard of his computer and growled, slamming his head onto the desk. It had been a very long day and his malfunctioning computer was not helping his mood. He looked up miserably at the device, wishing  that Azura was not studying in Japan for a week.

Hilda entered the room and it took one look at his face to know what his problem was. "Let me guess: the computer isn't working or you're having a bad day."

Patrick groaned. "I hate to say it, but it's both."

Hilda modded then studied his face for a moment. "Call Azura, sire. You look like you need to."

He sighed. "Can I use your phone?"

Hilda gave him a questioning look but gave it to him anyways.

Patrick went under contacts and quickly called Azura, praying she was awake at the time. He sighed with relief when the familiar, sweet voice answered, "Hello, Hilda, what's up?"

"Um, Azura! It's Patrick."

"Oh...why are you using Hilda's phone?"

"Because mine died this morning and I lost the charger."

"Oh no."

"Yes, and I have a bunch of lapsed work to fill out, the guards at the South Gate don't know up from down, and my computer stopped working," he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, it just hasn't been a good day."

"It's ok. Sometimes we need to rant."

"I really need you back here Azura, my life has become a mess since you left."

There was silence for a moment before Azura answered, "I'll be back at the end of the week. And Im sure your week so far can't be that bad without me."

"But it is, Azura. It is," he sighed. "I miss you."

"Me too, Patrick. I'll be home soon. Now, I've got to go."

"Of course. Talk to you soon, Azura."

"Goodbye, Patrick."

He ended the call and stared into space for a minute. Just hearing Azura's voice had made all his frustration disappear. He looked over at the computer and sighed, going over. "Let's see what we can do here."

He fiddled with the settings and it went long before it was working again, making him smile. Though he knew he would smile even more when Azura got back. And maybe-just maybe-he could finally tell her the truth about his feelings for her.

A/N: Two one shots in one night! I am on a roll! I think I need to go to bed soon, tho. It's pretty late in my time zone.