I'll Stay (GWANCE)

A/N: I AM WRITING THIS FOR PURE FUN BASED OFF RAINIMATOR'S WRITING PROMPT. LANRIS IS STILL BETTER!

<>

Without a word to anyone, Lance made his way out of the Coven Hut, ready to leave. However, Gwen stopped him in his tracks. 

 "I-I don't understand... Why do you want to return to the Void Islands? Aren't you happy here in the coven?" she asked

"Gwen, I told you at the start that I won't be staying here for long." was his reply, refusing to look at her.

"But.. I thought you would like it here and stay here forever." She grasped his arm and he sighed.

"I'm sorry. We shouldn't have fallen for each other. It's irresponsible of me.." 

 "Can't we work something out?" said Gwen, hugging Lance's arms even tighter. "I've been so lonely my whole life here in the coven, and you're one of the few who actually kept me company. I don't want to go back to my miserable social life!" 

 "You're a flower yet to bloom, Gwen. You're very talented with sorcery and maybe you can even become grand sorceress of this coven one day. I'd love to watch you climb the ranks, but sadly our fates don't align." 

 "Why do you talk so vague all the time!? What fates are you even saying? This makes no sen--"

 Without hesitation, Lance just kisses her to shut her up. He actually lets himself savor the taste for a moment before pulling back. "I'm sorry, Gwen." He opened a portal and he began walking to it. 

 "Please... stay!" said Gwen with a cracked voice, tears coming out of her eyes.Lance pushes her away without saying a word. Gwen trips on the ground."W-why would you do that? P-please this is all going too fast. I.. I-" Gwen's voice started shaking, unable to comprehend what's happening.Lance didn't respond and he continued walking to the portal. His breath was shaky and he was trying to hold back his tears."Lance!!!" shouted Gwen, as she ran desperately towards him. 

He froze for a moment, the way her voice sounded, the desperation, stopping him in his tracks. Gwendolyn paused only a step behind him, her breathing uneven as she stood there.

Lance thoughts screamed "Don't look behind you! If you see her face, you'll never be able to leave!"

Gwen's voice was soft as she whispered, "Lance?"

A damn it. Lance whipped around so suddenly that Gwendolyn jumped and he pressed his lips fiercely against hers. 

Gwen stared at him when he pulled back. "Lance, what the--?"

"I love you, my chorus flower..." he looked up at her. "I'll stay, if only for you. It might not be right, or what the universe wants, but...I'll stay."

Tears of joy filled her eyes and she hugged him tightly. "Thank you."

A/N: I cannot believe I actually wrote this. Dang...LANRIS FOREVER I AIN'T WRITING THIS AGAIN.