Forget Me (Lanris)

Request for juliemartinez82

<>

"You told me to forget you, but tell me how can I forget you when you are the only one who is in my mind and my heart...what will I remember when I forget you?" (Speaker Unknown)

<>

Lance was gone, banished forever to the Overworld. It was for the good of the End—it had to be done.

Despite what she told herself, Ceris found herself missing Lance. She truly missed his smug smile and even though she tried to deny it, her skin craved his touch.

About three weeks after Lance's banishment, Ceris could barely take it. It felt like she was collapsing on the inside and she couldn't think straight. Unsure of what to do, she quickly seeked out her sister.

Gwendolyn welcomes her gladly. "Hello, sister. How are you?"

"Gwendolyn!"  Ceris grabbed her sister's shoulders. "I'm losing it!"

Gwen blinked and stared, searching Ceris' face. She then sighed. "Ceris, you don't mean to tell me that—"

"Yes! I miss Lance desperately."

Gwen sighed again. "Ceris, he had horrible intentions. You can't expect—"

"But deep down he was a good person, Gwendolyn," Ceris interrupted. "I can't get over him. I'm losing my mind and I don't know what to do!"

Gwen thought a moment. "I have an idea, but no one can ever know about this."

<>

Lance stared miserably at the ceiling of his new house. He had been banished for nearly a month now and he missed Ceris so badly that it hurt. 'It's your own fault, you idiot.' He thought. 'You were the one who chased power instead of love.'

The pinging of someone teleporting reached his ears and he sat bolt upright, summoning one of his karambits. His eyes searched the poorly lit room and he got to his feet. "Whoever's there, come out! I know you're there!"

Silence for a moment and then a familiar, hooded figure emerged from the shadows. "Hello, Lance."

"Ceris," he left his hand fall to his side. "Why are you here?"

"B-because I need to understand."

"'I need to understand'," he shook his head. "To understand what?"

"Why you chose this path."

Lance gave her the coldest look he could muster. "Why does it matter? I failed. If this is your way of further rubbing it in, I am going to walk away."

"Lance, no," her broken, almost begging tone of voice made him pause. "Please. There was so much we could've been. Why did you throw it away?"

"Ceris, look. All I wanted to do was make the End the greatest empire in existence. We could've been the greatest figures in history," he turned away from her. "You need to go."

"Lance—"

"Ceris, just go!" He yelled. He blinked back tears, not daring to turn back around. "Please, just go home. Back to where you belong."

The pinging of teleportation and then silence. Thinking he was alone and too emotionally run down to turn around, Lance let the tears slide down his face. Several moments later, a hand gripped his shoulder and he gasped.

"Lance," Ceris forced him to look at her. "I am here because I can't take being away from you any longer. I really wished you hadn't chosen this path."

"You stand before a wicked and twisted man," Lance replies quietly. He looked in her in the eye. "Do you love me still? Then go home and forget about me. For both our sakes."

She shook her head. "How do you expect me to forget someone like you?"

"I know you will," be pulled her mask down and kissed her gently. "Go, Ceris. Please go."

Ceris slowly stood and backed away from him before teleporting off, leaving him alone once more.

A/N: I hate autocorrect. Almost every time I tried to write "Ceris" it autocorrected to "Ceros". The heck?!