Because of a Dare? (Lanris)

A/N: mushy kiss scene ahead!

"The art of love...is largely the art of persistence." —Peter Morvillie

<>

"Marcel, you are out of your mind!"

Lance shot the End Lord an annoyed look, who in turn just laughed. "Oh, come on, Lance. It's obvious you're in love with her."

"I am NOT, thank you," Lamce crossed his arms and looked away. "Besides, she'd never go out with me."

Issac looked up from his book. "That's not true. You have to give it a go."

Lance growled. "No."

Marcel leaned forward with a glint in his eye. "I dare you. Twenty bucks says you can't kiss her at the light festival tonight."

Lance looked up at him. "Keep your money."

"Are you scared?"

"No. I've actually wanted to do this for quite some time. But if lose a tooth because she punches me in the face, I will be forever furious with you and you will have to replace it."

Marcel laughed. "Done. Good luck."

<>

Lance couldn't believe he was actually doing this. Honestly, he knew it was probably going to end badly for him, but he was by Ceris now. "Hey, Ceris!"

She turned to him. "Oh hey, Lance."

"Uhm..." Lance saw Marcel at the edge of his vision, who gave him a thumbs up. "Can I talk to you for a second? Alone?"

Ceris raised her eyebrow. "Sure?"

<>

Ceris' P.O.V.

I follow Lance around to the side of a nearby building. "What is it, Lance? You know the light show is supposed to start in a few minutes so can we please hurry?"

We come to a stop and Lance turns to me. "Promise me you won't punch me."

"What—? Why would I punch you? Did you do something?"

"I'm about to."

Before I can react, he leans into me—and presses his lips against mine! What the—

Part of me wants tp push him away, but the rest of me is to busy melting into this. I don't know where this even came from, but this is too good.

<>

Lance's P.O.V.

Gods have mercy on me! I'm actually doing this. I expect her to pysh me away but instead her eyes slide closed and her fingers weave themselves into my hair. This is amazing in its own right and when she kisses me back I feel like I could fall apart. I've kissed many girls in my life and this is, by far, the best kiss I've ever had. 

We finally pull away and we stare at each other for a moment breathless. Then she asks, "Where did that come from."

"Well..." I think a moment. "Marcel dared me to," a darkness enters her eyes and I quickly plow on. "But before you get angru, it wasn't just because of that. I-I've been wanting to do this for years and I've had the courage to. I guess Marcel just gave me a boost of confidence."

She stares at me silently for a moment before pushing my face back to hers, her lips capturing mine once again.

There is a boom from above us followed by a roar of a crowd. We both know we're missing the light show, but the fireworks behind my eyelids are so much better. This is something I don't want to miss.

<>

A/N: That was a bunch of mushy fluff basically! I just totally wanted to write this for some reason.