Worrier (Pazura)

Request for @Rockythewolf588 

Patrick paced his room, looking out to the clear bight sky. He should have been sleeping, but he just couldn't, no matter how hard he tried. 

With a sigh, he left his room and went into the halls. There was only one person who could ease his mind, but he was sure she would be asleep by this point.

As he walked the halls, he ran into Nostra. "Good evening, Nostra."

She nodded respectfully. "Good evening, sir. May I ask why you are up at this hour of night?"

He sighed. "I'm just having a hard time sleeping right now."

"I see," a sly smile that Patrick couldn't see came into her face. "She's awake right now, you know."

Patrick blinked. "Excuse me?"

Nostra chuckled. "Go see Azura, sir. I know you want to. Now, I need to get to bed."

Patrick watched her for a moment, then turned in the direction of the medical ward.

<>

Azure stood at the window, looking out. She knew she should've been asleep...

A knocking at her door made her jump. 

"Azura?" asked a familiar voice. "Can I come in?"

"Of course, sire."

The door opened to reveal Patrick. They stood looking at each other for a minute before asking at the same time, "Why aren't you asleep???" They then burst out laughing.

"I'm beyond tired," Azura said. "Why are you up?"

"Because I'm stressed," Patrick sighed. "Sometimes I really wonder what it would be like if as Ser Theo were still alive right now. I don't think I'm doing anything right," he confessed. "Sometimes I wish I had died instead of him."

If there was one thing Azura hated, it was hearing people talk like this. She marched up to him. "Ser Patrick, do not talk like that. Never wish that you had died. Fate does it what it will and there's nothing you could do about it."

Patrick remained silent. He knew Azura was right, but he still couldn't help but have doubts in himself. "I know, it's just..."

Azura smiled and put a hand on his arm. "Patrick, I think you are a wonderful leader. You are doing this best you can. I'm sure Ser Theo would be proud of you."

Patrick took in a deep breath and nodded. "Azura...there's something else I want to tell you. While I have the courage."

Azure raised an eyebrow. Where was this going? "Okay."

"Azura, I have a crush on you!" he blurted out.

Azura instantly blushed. After years of self-doubts, worrying, and wishing, she finally discovered the man she loved loved her back.

She smiled and stepped closer to him. "I love you, Patrick."

He grinned and captured her lips in a passionate kiss.

A/N: Took me long enough to get back to this! Up next, Ralla.