Lipstick (Valentines Lanris)

A/N: okay, this would have been published sooner but my freaking wifi decided to drop out last night. It is currently 3:30 PM so the day is almost over, but better late than never. This quick little oneshot is based off some Lanris joke renders Rainimator made on his server.

Happy Valentines Day y'all.

<>

Ceris' P.O.V

I study myself in the mirror for a moment. "You sure about this, Lhara?"

She smiles. "Of course! That color looks great on you."

Lance pokes his head into the room. "What color looks great on who?"

I turn to face him. "What are you doing in here?"

"Gwen let me in."

I'm trying to get ready for a party, you see. And I'm annoyed because Lance does not need to see me without my mask and hood. I send Gwendolyn a look of annoyance and she just laughs. I sigh. "Lhara is talking about the lipstick, Lance. She's letting me use some."

He joins me and leans forward slightly, studying my face. I find myself holding my breath for some reason as he nods. "It looks good on you."

I bit my lip, trying to hide my pleased smile. Then I pause. "Huh. It also tastes sweet."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah."

"May I have a taste?"

"Sure!" I stop dead. "Wait. That's not—" he fingers grasp my chin. "Lance, that's not what I meant!"

<>

Lance's P.O.V

I smirk. "I don't care if that's not what you meant."

I press my lips against hers. I can tell that she tries to fight me, at least for a moment. But then her face relaxes and she actually decides to kiss back. Her fingers slide into my hair as my arms wrap around her waist. I pull back a moment later, and she stares at me.

"Huh," I like my lips. "You weren't kidding."

She snorts and glances at the mirror. "You wore it all off, you idiot."

"I know and I don't care." I lean forward and kiss her a second time, happy that she now kisses me without hesitation.

She pulls away a few short, glorious moments later. "Satisfactory?"

Gwen's voice interrupts, "Okay, Lhara and I are just gonna leave..."

Ceris rolls her eyes and I nod. "Please do." Ceris then stares at me and I smirk. "I am not yet satisfied."

She lets out a huff, trying to betray annoyance but fails miserably. "Well...whatever you say then."

I smiles and kiss her again.

<>

A/N: was that a bit overboard on the sappy aspect? Probably. You might be thinking, "Come on, Echo! seriously?"

Come on guys, you know me at this point! I am the ✨queen ✨ of sappy romance storiesby this point.

LOL. Happy Valentines Day