A Different Proposal (Lanris)

A/N: Don't worry, that request list will be fulfilled. I just got this idea recently. 

<>

Lance paced, stopped for one moment, then continued to pace. The End lords were going over his proposals about the End Crystals, but he was more worried about a different thing: Ceris.

He and Ceris had been dating each other for the past three years now and Lance thought, well, that it might be time to take the relationship further.

Of course, as confident as he was, proposing to someone was a whole new frontier that he had never tread into. He knew the general way of how to proceed, but he was honestly...well...

"Lance." Vordus' voice made the End mage jump. "We have discussed your proposal and it seems to be the only logical course of action at this moment in time. Tomorrow, we shall regroup to discuss the final course of action. Have a good night, Lance."

The young mage nodded as he watched the End Lords file out of the building, Ceris coming out last, joining him. "Honestly, Lance, you look like someone nearly ran your frog over. You good?"

"Oh, I'm fine. Vordus just scared the heck out of me while I was deep in thought."

"Hm," Ceris sat up on a raised edge of End Stone and studied him for a moment. "Are you alright, Lance? You've seemed to be a little...off, as of late."

One part of his mind screamed she knows my plans already, aaahhh! while the rest of him thought be calm. She probably doesn't have a clue. "I'm fine. Just a little worried about what's going on and all."

"If you're sure..."

"Of course," He leaned over and pulled her mask down, stealing a kiss. "I'll see you tomorrow."

As he walked away, he couldn't help but notice the sad look in Ceris' eyes.

<>

The next meeting went well and Lance's proposal went through. That was one less thing to worry about.

Overnight, Lance had developed more fears. With all the crazy stuff that was going on with Arabella this was probably a bad time to try and propose! Maybe he should wait until it was all sorted out...no. Lance was a better and stronger man than that. He could do it just fine.

"Lance? Are you there?" He turned and was met by Ceris' quizzical  eyes. "Hello? Lance to the End, do you read me?"

Lance started laughing. "Yes, I'm here."

"You are not okay. You don't get this distracted, Lance."

He looked at her out of the corner of his eye. "Is it that obvious?"

She nodded. "I've been dating you for three years now. What's on your mind? Whatever it is, perhaps I can help you. I am willing to share any burden."

It was those words that Lance knew it was right.

"Actually, there is something I've been meaning to ask you, Ceris."

"Oh? Well, I'm all ears then."

He took a deep breath. Here goes nothing. "Ceris, I want you to know that you are an amazing woman. Strong, smart, and dependable. Not only that, but you have an unrivaled personality."

"Where is this coming from? Lance, what are you—"

Lance held up a finger. "Let me finish. When I first met you, the way you knocked the immaturity out of me when I was acting like a foolish child, it amazed me. I knew, when you walked into my life, I wanted to make you a permanent part of it."

He took a deep breath and got on one knee, Ceris' eyes widening. "All I am asking Ceris is, could you do me the honor of staying with me in my life, and marry me?"

For a moment, silence followed. In those few seconds, it felt like time had stopped, Lance getting more and more worried. Then, without a word, Ceris pulled her mask down and tackled him to the ground, capturing his lips in a kiss.

When she pulled away, her breathless reply was one word: "Yes."

Lance smiled and was about to kiss her again when Vordus' voice said, "This is cute and all, but why did you have to do this in front of the council building?"

The couple looked up in embarrassment to find all the End lords and ladies standing there.

Queen Lhara Silverwing giggled. "Get a room, you two!"

Lord Marcel, on the other hand, stuck out his tongue. "This is gross. I'm out."

Gwendolyn, meanwhile stepped forward with a grin. "Finally got the guts to do it, huh, Lance?"

Lance glared up at her. "Aw, shut it, Gwen."

Gwendolyn just smiled and walked away, as did the other End lords, Marcel's tongue still sticking out.

As soon as they were gone, Ceris pressed her lips to Lance's again.

<>

A/N: I feel that was a bit cheesy, but whatever. I will fulfill the request list but I ask—

Would anyone here like to see a Character x Reader one shot? And if so, for what characters?