Ending Battle (Lanris AU)

SADNESS WARNING! (Lanris shippers, this might make you cry)

The battle was fierce on both sides. No one knew who was winning, all they knew is that either somebody won...or everybody died.

The fight between Lance and Ceris was the worst, however.  Both were fighting, not just for the future of the End, but for themselves. 

"It didn't have to go like this, Ceris!" Lance yelled as he blocked her armblades with his karambits.

"What, you think I was simply going to surrender to you?" she asked, pushing him back.  "Then you obviously never knew me."

Lance jumped aside and threw his karambits over Ceris' head, teleporting to them. "I'm not saying that! I'm just saying we could have come to some kind of agreement!"

Ceris lunged forward and slashed Lance in the shoulder, causing him to hiss in pain.

"It would've come to this eventually!" she exclaimed. "Any agreement we could have made would fall apart eventually!"

She swiped at him again, but he growled at her and teleported onto one of the obsidian pillars. She also teleported up there to find his back to her. "Lance--"

"I'm sorry, Ceris," he said, turning slightly. "But I've come too far now to fail!"

There was a light as Lance whipped his hand to the side. An Arcane version of the Ender Greatsword flew up and slamed into Ceris' middle. She stumbled backwards and fell off the pillar.

Lance waited about two seconds before turning around and running to the edge of the pillar to look down. 

Ceris was sprawled on the End Stone in a growing puddle of blood. Lance teleported down, obliverated the Arcane Ender Greatsword, and leaned over Ceris. 

"I didn't want it to be like this." he whispered, kneeling next to her.

"Well, this is how it is," Ceris coughed. "Congratulations, Lance. You've won," she stared at him with dulling eyes. "Because I'm going to die."

"I...I know."

She chuckled weakly. "You know, I officially hate you, right?"

"But Ceris," Tears were forming in Lance's eye in spite of himself. "I'm still in love with you."

"Yes," she said softly, leaning forward slightly. "I know."

Lance tilted his down. They shared one last kiss...and then she was gone.

He stared at her lifeless body for a few minutes before getting to his feet. He grabbed the Ender Greatsword and teleported to the top of the Dragonspire. "PEOPLE OF THE END," he yelled. "CERIS IS DEAD. I AM YOUR NEW KING!"

You're still here? Ok, should I do a part two?