Twenty-Three

Phoebe's POV:

"So, we should stay here." Hayden paced back and forth once Liam explained the plan to her, Mason, and I. "Is that what you're thinking?"

"It doesn't matter where we are." Liam muttered, adjusting his grip on the hilt of Kira's sword. "We still need to figure out how to fight them."

I peek through the blinds, making sure there weren't any Ghost Riders around before I turn to the others. "The only person who managed to take down the Ghost Rider was Mr. Douglas." I point out.

"She's right." Theo spoke up from the nearby holding cell, crossing his arms over his chest with a bored expression.

"Does he need to stay in there?" Mason asked.

Hayden raises a brow. "He's still Theo."

"Theo saved Scott, remember?" Theo calls out, causing Mason to wince in realization.

"He can still hear you." He hesitantly says in which Hayden rolls her eyes in annoyance before she turns towards Theo.

"Theo also almost dragged my girlfriend to hell, if we can all remember." She harshly remarks. "So he needs to shut up so we can figure out how to fight the Ghost Riders."

He shakes his head with disappointment. "You don't need to figure it out."

I cross my arms with discomfort. "Because Douglas already did."

Hayden's eyes narrowed in realization. "If he knew how to fight them, then he might know everything about them."

"And guess who knows all about Mr. Douglas?" Theo chuckled and gestures to himself. "But, all it takes is to break that little sword of yours if you want me to talk."

"That's never going to happen." I scoffed. "We're not making that deal."

"I hold all the cards." He casually shrugs, taking a seat on the small bench inside the cell.

"You're locked in a jail cell." Mason pointed out. "You have no cards."

"You want me to tell you about Douglas?" Theo smugly asked. "Break the sword."

Mason pinches the bridge of his nose with a sigh before taking a step away from the cell. "Does anyone else want to do the negotiating?"

The corners of Theo's lips perk up into amusement. "Break the sword."

"'ll break the sword." Hayden mutters in frustration. "I'll break it right in--"

"Hayden." Liam warned, taking a few steps closer to the cell.

"You break, I talk." Theo stands up from his spot with a sigh. "Come on, guys. Look, I don't want in anyone's pack. I don't want anyone's power. I just wanna stay alive."

I roll my eyes. "As if we've never heard that before. How do we know if we let you out, you won't run?"

"'Cause, we're not letting him out. He's going to tell us from in there." Liam nodded his head towards the cell.

Theo slowly shakes his head, keeping his stares towards the weapon. "I'm still going to need some incentive."

I shake my head, turning away to face Liam. "How can we be sure that the information he has on Douglas is going to help us?" I question, watching as Liam took the sword out of its sleeve with conflict written over his expression.

"We don't have a choice, Phoebe." He cuts in.

Before I could protest, he turns the blade down and twists the grip, causing the blade to shatter into pieces and clatter to the ground.