Eight

Allison's POV:

"It's always so cold here." I mutter, rubbing my arms for warmth as my dad and I approached closer to the armory room in the Argent Arms International building.

"It says a lot about what we're about to face." He whispered.

"You don't think Gerard will agree with peace?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"We're just here to show that we know Gerard is behind it all."

We turn to enter the armory and my eyes slightly at the sight of the packaged crates filled with guns and ammo stacked practically to the ceiling on top of the shelves.

I share a hesitant look with my dad, seeing that he knew exactly what I was feeling. These guns were enough for war.

"I take it you're not here to rejoin the fight." The familiar raspy voice remarked.

I look away from the crates and turn, meeting Gerard's unamused expression as he continued to screw in the bolts to the mid-built crossbow.

"We're here to stop it." My dad simply answered, taking a few steps closer to the table Gerard sat in front of. "We want to talk."

"So, it's 'we' now, huh?" Gerard dryly chuckled. "It's not too late for you to switch, Allison."

"I'll never abandon the code to switch over to a side with no morals." I scoffed. "I'm not going against my real family."

"Family?" He mocked, shaking his head in disbelief. "They're toxins to our society."

"We want to propose a meeting." I sternly state and move to stand in front of the table across from him. "We don't want any sort of conflict but we want to negotiate a peaceful solution before this gets out of hand."

Gerard stops screwing the nail and looks up to meet my eyes. "If Scott McCall is so keen on meeting, he can ask me himself."

"Well, I thought, given the history the two of you share, this seemed like the wiser choice." My dad remarked.

"Funny you say that since the last bullet I took was fired by you." He emphasized before his eyes landed on mine. "And you, my dear granddaughter, released an arrow as a warning shot and pointed another at my head."

"Only because you had a gun aimed at my girlfriend's head." I hissed.

"Allison." My dad warningly spoke and I huff, taking a step back to stand behind him. "If you still believe in the code, you'll meet with him."

Footsteps approached behind and I turn, seeing as a muscular man twice our size threateningly glared at my father and I with a shotgun in his hand.

"Don't worry," Gerard innocently smiled at the man behind us. "they're just the messenger."

"What is the message we're taking back?" My dad questioned with annoyance laced in his tone. "What do I tell Scott?"

"You tell him to run."

Phoebe's POV:

"I overheard Nolan talking to Gabe." Corey suddenly spoke up from behind which causes me to jump at his voice.

"You're spying on them?" Mason asked in disbelief.

"Since he stabbed me? Yeah!" He scoffed, continuing to keep up with our pace in the school hallways as he looked at Liam. "Nolan's gonna try to get you to shift. He wants proof, and he wants everyone to see it."

"In class?" I asked with shock. "There's no way the teachers would stop everything they're doing."

"So what's he gonna do?" Liam worriedly questioned.