Five

Phoebe's POV:

"I seriously don't want to talk to him, guys." I groan, trying to pull away from Corey's and Mason's grasps as they dragged me through the school hallways towards the boy's locker room.

"Come on, Phoebe." Mason grunted. "It's obvious he feels terrible."

"Maybe you could just see if he was okay?" Corey suggested. "You already know how much Brett could get under his skin."

"But can we just--"

Mason doesn't give me the chance to finish talking and pushed the door open, leading us further inside the locker room to see Liam simply tying his shoes on the bench.

"Hey, guys." Liam greeted with a small smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Just looking for you." Mason answered. "History test tomorrow? We need to study."

Corey tried to lean against the locker but stumbled slightly in confusion, seeing as the locker didn't have a door.

"Yeah, right." Liam awkwardly cleared his throat. "That's probably a good idea since I have no idea what it's on."

"It's on Mussolini and the role of fear-baiting in the rise of fascism." I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest.

"We can study together." Mason encouraged and patted my shoulder. "All of us."

"Yeah, can we take the test together?" Liam joked, causing a playful smile to appear on Corey's lips.

"Guys." Mason whispered, nodding his head behind Liam with a terrified expression. "Look."

I follow his line of vision and see the trail of blood leading to the showers. I step around Liam as he stood up from the bench and follow the trail but next to it find lacrosse equipment gear sprawled across the floor.

My heart quickens against my chest with each step I took and I couldn't help but wipe my hands against my pants out of fear.

Once I reach the showers, my eyes widen in horror at the skinless-flayed body in the middle of the floor and I quickly cover my mouth to stifle the gag.

"I think I'm going to be sick."

Olivia's POV:

"So...are we going to talk about it?" I awkwardly speak up as Argent walked ahead of us to get to the clearing. "Or are we just going to pretend that tonight never happened and that you were in Paris the whole time?"

Allison crossed her arms over her chest as we trekked through the trail. "To be fair, I didn't lie about the trip."

I raise a brow. "But you were here the whole time. You could've at least told me."

"I know...but I didn't want you to worry over something minor in the hunting business. Especially since we already have enough on our plate with moving and school."

I step around her and place my hands on her shoulders to make her stop walking. "Hiding it from me isn't going to make it go away, you know. I'll admit, I'd be concerned about your safety but I wouldn't have stopped you. If anything, I would've asked if I needed to tag along."

"The same goes for you, Liv." She reached up to place her hands over mine. "You didn't have to lie about staying in Beacon Hills too."

I let out a nervous chuckle. "Let's just say Lydia saw something in her premonition where we needed to stay."

Her eyes slightly widen in surprise before she shakes her head in amusement. "So we lied to each other just so the other didn't have to worry?"

"Yes, but mine is valid. As much as you can defend yourself with your top-notch badass huntress skills, I can't help but worry you'll run out of arrows or something. Anything could go wrong!" I exclaim. "Maybe even the string to your crossbow could snap off!"